One more chinese kit of La Salamandre ))), now is being built in Russia [COMPLETED BUILD]

I have one question related to this photo:
View attachment 96424

Did you change here the kit delivered pieces / timber and made some scratch elements out of ebony?
Yes, I decided to replace this pillow-blocks for anchors ropes with scratched parts. They are made of vacuum coloured
hornbeam, as ebony is expensive and much more hard to get.

Very good looking work - clean and accurate - very good

I am very interested in this "vacuum coloured hornbeam", which is new for me - Does somebody know, where to order such kind of hornbeam?
Uwek, thanks for high estimation of my efforts))
Regarding the hornbeam - try to look at the market of materials for billiard cues manufacturers.

Hard to add what Uwe said...Exceptional quality and very accurately build.
Thanks, friends. I know my mistakes and I am not completely happy with the results I've got so far. But I always try to imagine the final appear of the model and in this respect the current quality status is still within the frames I try to follow and this fact doesn't allow me to send the model to fire)

Прекрасная работа, коллега! Мне очень нравится как вы работаете. Большое спасибо что делитесь с нами своим мастерством.

Great job, colleague! I really like the way you work. Thank you very much for sharing your craftmanship with us.

Back