One more chinese kit of La Salamandre ))), now is being built in Russia [COMPLETED BUILD]

Looking great ! Congratulations for the finalization of this important working step Thumbsup

One comment (but more related to the original drawings of Boudriot):
I am every time surprised (and I tried to check it also already in the past) that the capstan is looking for me too high.
The bars for turning the capstan would be appr. in the height of 1,80m which would be too high for seamen using it.....I think, that here an error in the drawings happened - my personal thought)
Capstan.jpg

The Salamandre was a french ship, so here you can find some old french songs (singing also during lifting the anchors)

I was wondering that myself. Something odd there.
The model is built like originally also shown by Jean Boudriot
IMG_33461.jpg IMG_334611.jpg
Take also a look at the figurine in the right down edge - a 2 meter guy -> so the capstan has also a total height of appr. 1,8 or 2 meter

On the plans I measure the capstan at 3cm. So it would be by my rough calculation 1.44 metres tall scaled up. It looks taller on the model. Maybe a distortion from the camera?
The model is built like originally also shown by Jean Boudriot
View attachment 145562 View attachment 145563
Take also a look at the figurine in the right down edge - a 2 meter guy -> so the capstan has also a total height of appr. 1,8 or 2 meter

Last edited:
Maybe it is the problem, that automatically subjective you compare the height with the stair-house close to the capstan...... sorry
I know that @Koreets is building the models based also on the NAVIGA regulation, and here you have to follow strictly the drawings....

Back