OSEBERG ship - Ships of Pavel Nikitin (Ukraine) - Scale 1:25 (15/32" = 1') - Length: 865 mm ( 34 3/34 inch)

I am building the Capt. Smith's Shallop kit that you recommended. Your videos of it on Youtube are very helpful. I am just getting the frame completed and have not started the planking yet.

I am building the Capt. Smith's Shallop kit that you recommended. Your videos of it on Youtube are very helpful. I am just getting the frame completed and have not started the planking yet.
Hey Guy, do you have a build log for your Shallop?

I actually just started one today! I am attaching what I have, which is a Word document so let me know if you need me to save it as a pdf.
Guy

Attachments

• build log of Capt John Smith Shallop of 1607.docx
    630.1 KB · Views: 88
will be following your build, interested in the process

I just looked your attachment and I had all the same problems had to unglue pars of frame and now making new ribs for two frames.

I actually just started one today! I am attaching what I have, which is a Word document so let me know if you need me to save it as a pdf.
Guy
These kits are like a constructor. You better not rush to glue the frames until you try them all on the keel and only when they are perfectly fitted - you can glue everything...

Guy H, have you started a seperate build log for us to watch along and learn from those who go before us.

Back