Other hobbies that are not ship model building

Cycled this afternoon between my Bluenose and Balder drawings over the Col du Galibier (2646):
1703345363266.png
For the insiders: It's with my bike on a Tacx Neo2 with magnet friction. So it's reacting on the climbing gradients and that is why you have to switch gears all the time. The climb starts 4 km outside Valloire and is 19,9km. Did it in 2:01:17 with an average of 165watt overal. Not bad for a 66 year model builder. ;)
I cycled the Galibier 1986 in real:
1703345876546.png
The youngster on the left. :) The last 3km between snow wall of 2,5 meter. They had made and opened the passage for the first time that spring a day earlier.
Then also in 2 hours. Not much decline in 37 years. :D (In terms of performance, not in terms of appearance)ROTF
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
View attachment 415990

Bonjour,
J'ai deux autres passions le vol en paramoteur (parapente motorisé)
et la photo aérienne ! Ci joint un vol proche du Vercors dimanche dernier !
Bien à Vous, Dom
A nice picture, Dom.
A deja-vu to the flights I have done with the (basic) parapente for several years in the French Alps and other countries.
Regards, Peter

Cycled this afternoon between my Bluenose and Balder drawings over the Col du Galibier (2646):
View attachment 415975
For the insiders: It's with my bike on a Tacx Neo2 with magnet friction. So it's reacting on the climbing gradients and that is why you have to switch gears all the time. The climb starts 4 km outside Valloire and is 19,9km. Did it in 2:01:17 with an average of 165watt overal. Not bad for a 66 year model builder. ;)
I cycled the Galibier 1986 in real:
View attachment 415977
The youngster on the left. :) The last 3km between snow wall of 2,5 meter. They had made and opened the passage for the first time that spring a day earlier.
Then also in 2 hours. Not much decline in 37 years. :D (In terms of performance, not in terms of appearance)ROTF
Regards, Peter
The weather outside was rather wet, not very inviting. Good to have a home trainer, enabling you to exercise.
The degrading of your performance is well within limits. Thumbsup

Back