Paddle-Wheel Riverboat Plans

Can anyone recommend a source for Paddle-wheel Riverboat plans?
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Maybe this older topic is giving some help - here you can find also several links

first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Maybe this older topic is giving some help - here you can find also several links

Thanks Uwek!

I did a little more research (internet) and was able to find several FREE sets of plans for what I was looking for. So far I've fount the Mississippi, Western States, and the Robert E. Lee with enough detail to allow me to redraft them for scratch building. I'd like to find the plans for the Thomas Edison which I believe may be held by the Smithsonian. The Thomas Edison was a true river "work boat," transporting cotton and other goods to market. I recall seeing an photo of her fully laden. It appeared that she was so laden for her trip that there was hardly an inch of freeboard remaining.

Hank

Thanks Uwek!

I did a little more research (internet) and was able to find several FREE sets of plans for what I was looking for. So far I've fount the Mississippi, Western States, and the Robert E. Lee with enough detail to allow me to redraft them for scratch building. I'd like to find the plans for the Thomas Edison which I believe may be held by the Smithsonian. The Thomas Edison was a true river "work boat," transporting cotton and other goods to market. I recall seeing an photo of her fully laden. It appeared that she was so laden for her trip that there was hardly an inch of freeboard remaining.

Hank
Hallo Hank,
very good, that you have found already some plans for free download.....
would it be possible, that you share here also the links?

Hallo Hank,
very good, that you have found already some plans for free download.....
would it be possible, that you share here also the links?
Uwek,

I found quite a large collection of FREE (As in Beer) ship plans on a website out of Hungary entitled "Free Model Ship Plans."

Find them at http://www.shipmodell.com/index_files/SHIPMODELL_PLAN.html

The plans they provide are not (usually) from kit providers so one must know and understand the transposition of waterlines and such in order to re-draft them for plank-on-frame, scratch, construction.

Hank

Hello Hank, Happy Birthday.
On this site, there is also a page for Steamboats / Riverboats models:

When you scroll down, you can found:
-Alan L. Bates drawing of the Robert E. Lee, I have used for my Lee:
-John Fryant Model Boat Plans:
-A lot of more info about this Riverboats models.
Perhaps this can help you.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Back