Panart: San Felipe 1:75 Scale Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

I use "Fray Check" to solve frayed lines or hold lines down on sails without showing any residual effects from the product. I buy it in a yardage store. This is in reference to your anchor line issue.

I was using a fly tiers cement for awhile on frayed line it worked real well its very water like in consistency crystal clear. I have been waxing my lines so I haven't had the issue on good models I build when I build them to give away I don't really put a lot into them.

Donnie - I'm sorry I haven't looked at this wonderful build of yours earlier. My loss LOL Really great photos and description of your steps. I'm going to be spending some time looking over your progress from beginning up to your present state. Really nice work!!! Ship-1

Thank you Fright and others. I appreciate all the likes. I am going to post a few more images on the steps of how I am rigging the other side of the bowsprit tree.
My small point and shoot camera bit the dust and I am using my iPhone, but for now I can't get the images off my iPhone into my PC.

This rigging line that came with box is more like a polyester and is not cotton. In some regards, it is good as it does not "fray", however, the bad part is that it has a mind of its own since it was wrapped on the square plastic holder ( I hate it when they do that). They should all use a round card board tube. I prefer cotton as I can use beeswax. The beeswax also is great when tying knots as it "stays put". Not the polyester. It does *not* like beeswax and I have to put a little CA on the knots to make it hold or it springs back !!! Thumbs-Down

You can transfer photos with we transfer. I use it a lot. Just select the photos on your phone and it sends it to your computer.

I should be finishing up the hull by installing cannons, but I got side stepped on completing the rigging on the bowsprit. Horrible pictures. I miss my shot box and my point and shoot. I hate flash as the Admiral talked me into using flash - (you know - to avoid an argument)

bowsprit-02.jpgbowsprit-topmast-07.jpg

Awesome Brother Thank you I have always used the testers Gold paint but its not the same stuff that it used to be something got changed in the formula or something its now garbage

Hi Donnie, just going back to your anchor stock and seeing that the serving came off, this is what I do; I purchased a small tin of DOPE, no not the stuff you smoke(d), the stuff we used to put onto our tissue based model airplanes, it works fantastically on the ropes, it will not only 'glue' the rope to the timber but will also shrink the ropes making them tighter.
For standing rigging that is a bit loose, didn't want to tighten it too much for fear of breaking something, the DOPE will tighten the rope to a certain extent.
A word of warning regarding the DOPE or Airplane DOPE, it is heavily laced with ACETONE, people with lung problems should not use this indoors or smoke near it, in fact don't use it indoors PERIOD!.
Thanks for that tip Eric. Brilliant
Happymodeling and havagoodone. Hope that you are dry up in Queensland.
Happymodeling
Greg

G'day Donnie
Absolutely brilliant job on the rigging. Its look so authentic, I can almost smell the salty air on my face.
Happymodeling and havagoodone mate
Greg

I really do appreciate the feedback and comments - they are taken with a lot of humility. I really do not like the rigging line that came as it seems to be all polyester and is shinny ( it needs to be dull and not have any shine to it) - it also has too much "spring to it" - beeswax does nothing to make it straight and flexible.
However to those that do not want the fuzzies, then this is your ticket. The line has none ! But, it is a pain in the butt to use...

On another note (cameras don't lie) and I see some things that do not look that great and one of them is that the block seizing needs to start closer to the block. I have an idea how to correct this, but it adds to the complexity.

Well, here is a diagram of what I am going to try next to get better serving. Earlier I had said seizing - I meant serving.

RIGGING.jpg

Back