Papegojan 1627 - 1:48 - mati.n

Witaj
Mati co tu dużo mówić , stworzyłeś arcydzieło . Śledziłem budowę papugi od samego początku, od wahania co do zmiany skali namowy na 1-48. Warto było czekać tyle lat. Następny chyba będzie Francuz czy coś innego.
Pozdrawiam Mirek

Congratulations - for me it is a masterpiece with amazing quality especial within your rigging works

Beautiful. I love the all natural wood showing on this model. Very well done.

Congratulations Mati, you have great building qualities! Well done. I have one point of attention, however. This was originally a Shipyard paper model 1:72 which you enlarged and built out of wood. The Shipyard model containes a serious flaw and that is the poop, as it was called. Already around 1590, 1600 the poop was always fenced to prevent the captain falling of it and drowning. In the twenties the poop even got a roof: see the attached picture of the Batavia replica, which was built in the same perod as Papegojan. In my built of the 1:72 paper model I imitated this poop, see the second picture. I also changed it into in Amsterdam VOC-ship, as you can see from the stern.

Attachments

• B4E0E4B5-256A-4C3E-A3D2-A92FD77E174E.jpeg
    B4E0E4B5-256A-4C3E-A3D2-A92FD77E174E.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 19
  • 5F8F7170-E6E8-4C36-BDB3-73F7EBC2D50F.jpeg
    5F8F7170-E6E8-4C36-BDB3-73F7EBC2D50F.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 21
Dziękuje @Mirek więc jesteś jednym z tych co pewnie myśleli, że po tylu latach postoju model zjadły mole? ROTF
Jeszcze nie wiem co będzie następne... ale będzie to na pewno ciekawe :) chyba jednak nie Francuz :)

Thank you @Masters Mate really appreciate your comment.

Thank you @Bryian for your generous comments :) I'm happy really that you are finding my model interesting... and hopefully in some aspects will be helpful in some future projects ;)

Thank you @Uwek ooo that's really generous comment :) Thank you... model has some flaws, which I'm really not happy... but I promise my next will be close to perfection :)

Thank you @Donnie I'm also fan of that kind of look... because it's so difficult to be 100% sure how this kind of vessel should be actually painted to present original. This was one of the main reason I went with "neutral" look... but I'm also in love with natural pear wood color :)

Thank you very much @Jeanco
I totally agree that Papegojan has some flaws in the design... I was thinking some time ago about these side galleries, however I decided to leave it as it was designed by Shipyard.

I'm pretty much sure Shipyard based their design and took inspiration from below drawing of 90 feet pinas and you see that side galleries are not fenced.
And so do I... that is way I left it as it was.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-09-22 o 13.34.08.png

...I would say bit more about it... as you can see you have only small doors or "windows". Their are not full size door to be able to step out to this galleries.
I guess side "balconies" are just decoration for vessels that small... for bigger pinnaces side galleries were with bigger door and it was still part of the ship where captain could go, because it was just big enough... to fit WC for example ROTF

I really like how you modify poop of your Papegojan :) looks really nice.

Thanks for your comment.

Cheers,
Matt

Dziękuje @Mirek więc jesteś jednym z tych co pewnie myśleli, że po tylu latach postoju model zjadły mole? ROTF
Jeszcze nie wiem co będzie następne... ale będzie to na pewno ciekawe :) chyba jednak nie Francuz :)

Thank you @Masters Mate really appreciate your comment.

Thank you @Bryian for your generous comments :) I'm happy really that you are finding my model interesting... and hopefully in some aspects will be helpful in some future projects ;)

Thank you @Uwek ooo that's really generous comment :) Thank you... model has some flaws, which I'm really not happy... but I promise my next will be close to perfection :)

Thank you @Donnie I'm also fan of that kind of look... because it's so difficult to be 100% sure how this kind of vessel should be actually painted to present original. This was one of the main reason I went with "neutral" look... but I'm also in love with natural pear wood color :)

Thank you very much @Jeanco
I totally agree that Papegojan has some flaws in the design... I was thinking some time ago about these side galleries, however I decided to leave it as it was designed by Shipyard.

I'm pretty much sure Shipyard based their design and took inspiration from below drawing of 90 feet pinas and you see that side galleries are not fenced.
And so do I... that is way I left it as it was.

View attachment 257544

...I would say bit more about it... as you can see you have only small doors or "windows". Their are not full size door to be able to step out to this galleries.
I guess side "balconies" are just decoration for vessels that small... for bigger pinnaces side galleries were with bigger door and it was still part of the ship where captain could go, because it was just big enough... to fit WC for example ROTF

I really like how you modify poop of your Papegojan :) looks really nice.

Thanks for your comment.

Cheers,
Matt
Thanks Matt, that is quite clear and thank you very much for your compliment. Do you have any details of this beautiful drawing? I didn’t know it up to now! Where did you find it?

Hi @Jeanco

It comes from drawings collection of Het Scheepvaartmuseum in Amsterdam.

Also have a look at Ab Hoving publication about Seventeenth-century Dutch ship design drawings... you might find this interesting to read :)

Cheers,
Matt

Attachments

• Seventeenth-century Dutch ship design drawings. Real or counterfeit - by Ab Hoving - pages 33...pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Hi @Jeanco

It comes from drawings collection of Het Scheepvaartmuseum in Amsterdam.

Also have a look at Ab Hoving publication about Seventeenth-century Dutch ship design drawings... you might find this interesting to read :)

Cheers,
Matt
Thanks very much Matt!

Back