Parts inventory

I need to build up a small inventory of rigging supplies. I need blocks, hearts etc. and some sizes of line. Where do I buy fittings in the area of 1:48 models give or take, in the US if possible, that are decent and don't cost an arm and a leg. I have perused various sights and am shocked at prices like $1.29US for a single heart plus shipping. I also find that some of these sites don't have enough of the different sizes to buy a decent order to save on shipping. I know some of you have mentioned different places, but I would like to see all the possibilities listed in one topic so I can make a list without looking through all of the posts. I apologize if you saw this request on NRG's site, but I wanted to cover all my bases.

I would be grateful for advice such as website addresses and your experience with companies good or bad. Thank you.

Last edited:
I need to build up a small inventory of rigging supplies. I need blocks, hearts etc. and some sizes of line. Where do I buy fittings in the area of 1:48 models give or take, in the US if possible, that are decent and don't cost an arm and a leg. I have perused various sights and am shocked at prices like $1.29US for a single heart plus shipping. I also find that some of these sites don't have enough of the different sizes to buy a decent order to save on shipping. I know some of you have mentioned different places, but I would like to see all the possibilities listed in one topic so I can make a list without looking through all of the posts. I apologize if you saw this request on NRG's site, but I wanted to cover all my bases.

I would be grateful for advice such as website addresses and your experience with companies good or bad. Thank you.
for blocks and other: Dry-Dock-Models - higest quality (the best you can get especially in 1:48) for very reasonable prices

Wasn't there a company called Syren or something? It supplies rope?

Hi, yes, Syren Model Ship Company. Boxwood material seems to be sold out. I use Float a Boat in Melbourne in Australia. Quite reasonable prices and shipping.

I have used this company for all the bits & pieces I needed and they always come through (and at reasonable cost too) :-

Back