Percassa Motor Torpedo Boat 1/24 scale by neptune

186.jpg
To carry on with the torpedoes I had to make the cowling that goes around the propeller, I found some electrical pipe connectors with an outside dia of 25mm which was just right for me, some of the cowlings at the front after having the internal size bored down,

187.jpg
I set the connector up in the lathe, and ground a little boring tool out of some tool steel,

188.jpg
I have a sherline lathe but not the sherline motor, my son is an electrician and he set me up with a three phase motor that runs through a computer controlled box and it can go in forward or reverse, so I set it up in reverse and bored the connector from the back so I could see what was happening,

189.jpg
on the right is the original part and on the left is the bored part,

190.jpg
still a bit of adjusting to do,

191.jpg
a view of the control box,

thanks for looking in,

best regards John.

That is looking fantastic nicely done love the fact you even making parts wish I had room for that sort of kit as I did do a engineering nvq 1,2,3 corse after I left school could but that to good use again but was such along time ago lol. Thank you so much for all the links such a big help did you find the props well balanced. The gun looks so detailed iv opted to use a company called battlecraft for my fitting have a look you thay do some nice bits on there for are boats.
What motors are you going to run ?.
What the boat plan is thst the one of the side Vue and you Vue looking down.

I have sent you the instruction booklet by PM, I am having trouble trying to scan the plan, so if you PM me your name and address I will post the plan to you, it is at half size so if you take to the Printers and ask them to enlarge it 200 percent, this is what I did and then you can take all your measurements straight off the enlarged version,

best regards John,
I thnk i have this part it a side view and top view looking down showing where bits sit on the boat

196.jpg
The Bofor gun mounts all primed ready for the final coats of grey,

197.jpg
The gun and shield,

200.jpg
overall side view,

201.jpg
and with the superstructure,

202.jpg
also the fore Bofor gun in place,

203.jpg
A close up, I decided to go with the Bofor Gun without the shield which was the way the Royal Navy had them on these boats,

best regards John.

Nice I'm.looking to go brushless for mine I think 2 motors 2 esc with water cooling motors I'm not shore if there be water cooled yet will see lol.

Back