Phantom New York Pilot Boat

Does anyone recall seeing a build log of this Model Shipways kit. I am currently building this kit and am stuck for lack of a guide as to drilling a hole for the bow spirit. I have the practicum by Chuck Passaro, but don't see any help on this item. Of course I could post a build log and will do so if no one else has posted the same.
Thanks Guys

phantom11.jpg

I have this kit, both the solid wood hull version and the one with a cast resin hull. In both cases I marked the bow with a pencil and used a dremel tool to cut the opening to fit the bowsprit through. If you are careful it is easy enough and can also be accomplished with a razor saw. Neither of my models is finished so I will kake some shots of the bow to show what I did, I also have Chuck Passaro's practicum and have found it very useful. Unfortunately Chuck and I are no longer on speaking terms which is too bad as I admire his work.

Bob
I have the solid wood kit. Since my previous post I found the reference to notching for the bowsprit in the praticum. What was confusing me was the kit manuals reference to drilling the opening. I think I will try the razor saw method. I used the mini dremel tool on the scuppers and was successful, but it was a little scary. I would appreciate any pic you can share. This is my first solid hull build. I have done a couple of POB kits and have to say I prefer them to all the carving. I too admire Chuck Passaros work. Wished I had had one on my first POB kit.
Mel

Does anyone recall seeing a build log of this Model Shipways kit. I am currently building this kit and am stuck for lack of a guide as to drilling a hole for the bow spirit. I have the practicum by Chuck Passaro, but don't see any help on this item. Of course I could post a build log and will do so if no one else has posted the same.
Thanks Guys

View attachment 105750
I guess just start a build log

Thanks Guys

View attachment 105750
Elijah has a log over at MSW. He was about 14 years old when he built her and did a hell of a job for his first model!

We wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Birthday-Cake

Back