Picts on YT's build

Status
Not open for further replies.

What happened to the older pictures on YT"s build? I go back looking for older pictures and they have now been replaced by icons. I click on the icon and it says "file not found, 404..... How do I get them back.

What happened to the older pictures on YT"s build? I go back looking for older pictures and they have now been replaced by icons. I click on the icon and it says "file not found, 404..... How do I get them back.
Hi,I have no idea what is going on ,I am looking into this

Hi guys, I did not do anything to my log on this forum. If pics are gone they are gone. I do not have a back up.

Not good. I have to see unless these images were linked

I never provided images linked to external sources. All image files were uploaded directly to forum.

It looks to me like the images early in YT's build log were links to his pictures over on MSW. MSW has locked access to those files so they are no longer viewable.

Unfortunately, that is correct Jim. The image "blanks" were links to the MSW server side. When they deleted his BL, then the links become invalid. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this what happened. I was able to look at the links and they are pointing to MSW server-side and not to us.

I understand. This is sad. May be someone can talk to MSW leaders to have at least temporary access to my log there so I can download my pictures to a hard drive and re-post them here? Deleting my MSW log of completerly legal Mamoli HMS Victory kit is totally unexplained especially if their site goal is to promote the hobby. There were lots of interesting pictures in my log.

This is a gross misfortune of our hobby, that things have resorted to this type of activity at MSW. (It is my understanding) that if they find any dual membership, then it is over for the person and they will delete everything with no notice and no reason given to you.

We do not follow this disgusting policy. They should at least allow a person 24 to 48 hours notice to remove their content. This is really the most disgusting practice I have ever witnessed.

(It is my understanding) that if they find any dual membership, then it is over for the person and they will delete everything with no notice and no reason given to you.

I don’t know what happened with Y.T. but this is incorrect. There are many dual members with no issues. Again, I have no idea what created issues with Y.T. but simply having an account at both sites doesn’t result in a ban at either.

I understand. This is sad. May be someone can talk to MSW leaders to have at least temporary access to my log there so I can download my pictures to a hard drive and re-post them here? Deleting my MSW log of completerly legal Mamoli HMS Victory kit is totally unexplained especially if their site goal is to promote the hobby. There were lots of interesting pictures in my log.

I feel your anguish YT,only difference is I had walked just before I was banned and downloaded all remaining pictures in advance.I view leaving that forum now in the same light as stopping smoking two and a half years ago;no regrets and don't miss either anymore.I landed on the right side of the cyber "Berlin Wall" someone seems intent on erecting.
I was banned for the same reason as you,I complemented someone's work on a ZHL build,that's it.Never bought or even seen one of these kit's on the flesh.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hi sir YT, I have all the photos that you post here in SOS, I downloaded as a reference for my HMS Victory build, so that I can view it offline, coz I don't have internet connection in our house :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back