Plan-Print Service of Contemporary plans and drawings by the NMM - Royal Museums Greenwich

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

For everybody searching for data and information about a special ship, the plan collection of the NMM is a great resource.

Some of you know already the online collection, which I use very often. For example here the HMS Royal George (1788) with photos of models and existing drawings

But often the modeler needs also a print of the original drawing - and the NMM is making this service.
On request, they are making also plan-prints of other drawings - usually a mail is enough to get everything necessary.
Postage costs are very reasonable for a rolled plan......
Their service is well organized and the quality of the copies is very good

Here is the text of their web-page

Ship plans
The world's largest collection of original ship plans, over a million plans from the early 18th century to the present day.
Ship plan prints are printed in colour at the scale and size of the original plan, on a basic paper using affordable inks to keep costs down. Prices vary according to the dimensions of the original plans. We print directly from extremely high-resolution master files to ensure faithful reproduction of the original items.
If you'd like a rolled plan on higher quality paper or in a different format, please contact us: pictures@rmg.co.uk.

Ship plan prints
In response to customer demand, we have developed a special 'rolled plan' print product for our ship plans collection. Rolled plans are printed in colour on a basic paper using affordable inks to keep costs down. We print directly from extremely high-resolution master files to ensure faithful reproduction of the original items.
Prices vary according to the dimensions of the original plans.

Unbenannt3.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG Unbenannt1.JPG Unbenannt2.JPG

On our last Vienna meeting we had one copy in original scale of 1:48 scale the HMS Royal George

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

Bonjour,
je confirme la qualité de ces plans j'en ai plusieurs qui sont tous des tirages de très grande qualité
je mets ci-dessous l'un des derniers reçus Hms Royal George 1756 (ZAZ0050 - recto et verso)

google translator:
Hello,
I confirm the quality of these plans I have several which are all very high quality prints
I put below one of the last receipts Hms Royal George 1756 (ZAZ0050 - front and back)

20201128_081342.jpg
20201128_081219.jpg

20201129_120148.jpg
Francis

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonjour,
je confirme la qualité de ces plans j'en ai plusieurs qui sont tous des tirages de très grande qualité
je mets ci-dessous l'un des derniers reçus Hms Royal George 1756 (ZAZ0050 - recto et verso)

google translator:
Hello,
I confirm the quality of these plans I have several which are all very high quality prints
I put below one of the last receipts Hms Royal George 1756 (ZAZ0050 - front and back)
Francis
Dear Francis @GRAVIOU Francis
wonderful drawings you bought....... is this your next project? wonderful !!!
To see the Royal George in the same quality like you build your HMS Victory would be great.
Stefan, a good modeling friend here in Vienna is also working on a Royal George, POF model made completely in boxwood in scale 1:48.
Please take a look:

C'est un de mes projets de construction. Pour le moment, je classe les documentations et les plans.

Francis

Back