Plank cutting jig?

Shipwrights:
As I contemplate starting my second build, I think about the one thing I wish I had, and this was reinforced when I saw just what I needed in an old (5+years ago) build log. A hull planking jig for slicing those 5mmx.5mm planks into narrower strips or stealers. Such a device would make life so much easier, not to mention accurate!
I looked at a couple of model maker sites, but found nothing currently for sale. I can certainly make my own if a kindly benevolent fellow shipwright could get me started, or point to the right retailer for commercially available said device ...

Shipwrights:
As I contemplate starting my second build, I think about the one thing I wish I had, and this was reinforced when I saw just what I needed in an old (5+years ago) build log. A hull planking jig for slicing those 5mmx.5mm planks into narrower strips or stealers. Such a device would make life so much easier, not to mention accurate!
I looked at a couple of model maker sites, but found nothing currently for sale. I can certainly make my own if a kindly benevolent fellow shipwright could get me started, or point to the right retailer for commercially available said device ...
Did you see this relatively actual topic in which we discussed the use of such devices and chop-saw?

When talking about tapering the planks, you might be interested about the jig I made of a length of 40x40 mm wood & small piece of 12 mm plywood and a knob wheel attached into short piece of threaded rod (M8).
The plank to be tapered is squeezed between the "jaws", and tapered using the wonderful Veritas small plane:

20191006_084159.jpg
20191006_084209.jpg

20191006_084409.jpg

Back