Planking question

Can someone link me to a picture of how the planking is run at the stern of the ship? I'm looking for the area in this picture. I've been looking through page after page for a couple of hours now and I can't seem to find a pic of this area. This is the Dicouvery17879 but anything from England of that era would probably do.
Thanks
DSC04465.JPG

Thank you very much. I have been more or less following the various Swan builds(mostly Dan Vada's Vulture) and he has a hockey stick shaped plank against the deadwood. I think it is to allow the rest of the planks to hit the wing transom at 90 degrees but I'm not sure. It made me wonder if they were all like that and then I couldn't find pictures to see if they were. It appears that they aren't.
Thanks again
Don

Maybe this could help ...View attachment 277764
When you arrive at actual planking you may want to consider how @Dean62 in his post of #879 for Billings Boats Norsky Love, described his very good procedure in a reply to @Jimsky: Without his present permission to copy and past it for you to read, I recommend your going back to a Thursday in What's New for that page. It is an excellent procedure to use in bow and stern areas where tight and compound bends may be needed. Rich (PT-2)

Post#879 is just a response to a Christmas greeting. I think I'm in the right area but i can't find it. Do you think you can post a link? Sorry

I did a Google search on "lining off a hull" and got this

It pretty well explained away my concerns. I assumed that there would be a hard and fast way of lining off the bow and stern but apparently you just wing it. Make it look right to you. Right up my alley:) We are in the middle of a cold snap and the heater in my garage won't keep it even warmish. I've got the heat on a tad to keep all my glues and stuff from freezing. I've moved my ship stand into the family room but all I'll be able to do is line out the hull. No dust inside. Cold is supposed to last a week or so so I've got lots of time. Thanks to all who helped.

Attachments

• DSC04470.JPG
    DSC04470.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 11
Post#879 is just a response to a Christmas greeting. I think I'm in the right area but i can't find it. Do you think you can post a link? Sorry
My typo error. Look at Dean62 Page 45 Post 897 for his description of securing the planks, not laying those out. Hopefully I got it right this time. RIch

Back