Planset review L'EGYPTIENNE - french 24-prd frigate - 1799" in scale 1:48 by Gerard Delacroix

Okay allright. I have found other dimensions for the hull in the net, then these measures are wrong. Sorry for the confusion.
Anyway, the size of the model will kill my living room. And my wife will kill me. :)
Hallo Oliver,
during the long weekend I remembered our talk about the length of the Egyptienne and I took out the sideview plans either of the Egyptienne and also the Saint Philippe which I mentioned in the previous post - by myself I wanted to see these two ships in comparison.
The ruler on the drawing has a length of 50 cm. Both drawings are in scale 1:48

IMG-3538.jpg

Resumée:
The Egyptienne is really a very long frigate!
or
The Saint Philippe is a small ship! - I do not know what Nigel @NMBROOK would say about this statement...... ;)

I am falling more and more in love into this beautiful frigate Fire

L'Egyptienne packs a lot of guns on the lower deck,more than Saint Philippe so this comes as no surprise.The length of the vessel is governed by the number of ports on each deck.
So yes Saint Philippe is small and compact in comparison,just not so much in 1/36ROTF

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hola buenas noches, he estado revisando todas las poleas de l, egyptienne y tengo una duda, como puede ser que las poleas de las cargues-fond y las cargues boulines de la grand voile sean de menor tamaño que las de la grand hunier y lo mismo ocurre con la voile de misaine y la de petit hunier????? Si es así no lo entiendo, es la primera vez que lo veo en una monográfia, espero que alguien tenga una respuesta, un saludo

Hello good evening, I have been reviewing all the pulleys of l, egyptienne and I have a question, how can it be that the pulleys of the fond-loads and the bouline loads of the grand voile are smaller than those of the grand hunier and I same is the case with the voile de misaine and the petit hunier ????? If so, I do not understand, it is the first time that I see it in a monograph, I hope someone has an answer, a greeting

Hola buenas noches, he estado revisando todas las poleas de l, egyptienne y tengo una duda, como puede ser que las poleas de las cargues-fond y las cargues boulines de la grand voile sean de menor tamaño que las de la grand hunier y lo mismo ocurre con la voile de misaine y la de petit hunier????? Si es así no lo entiendo, es la primera vez que lo veo en una monográfia, espero que alguien tenga una respuesta, un saludo

Hello good evening, I have been reviewing all the pulleys of l, egyptienne and I have a question, how can it be that the pulleys of the fond-loads and the bouline loads of the grand voile are smaller than those of the grand hunier and I same is the case with the voile de misaine and the petit hunier ????? If so, I do not understand, it is the first time that I see it in a monograph, I hope someone has an answer, a greeting
Can you make one or some photos of the respective areas of the drawings and mark them, so that we can fully understand your question(s) and post them here?
Google translate is not fully correct translating the terms, so it is hard for us to know exactly where is the problem you found

Now I understood partly, but I have to take a closer look into my copy of the drawings - did you check already the written information in the rigging lists>?

For completeness of this Planset Review Topic, I want to add today the Look Inside of the Book which is part of the Monograph of the Egyptienne.
Originally, in the time this planset was published by Gérard Delacroix directly the english translation was send as a pdf as a text without the sketches etc.
(see post #24 of this topic)
Since some time the monograph is published by ancre and you get a complete english version of the booklet as usual from ancre.
I recently received a copy, which I wanted to show you now. Many Thanks to Didier Berti from ancre to send me this copy.

Available now either in English, French, Italian or Spanish

In my opinion one of the most complete and Best Monograph available - Highly Recommended !!!!

and in addition a real BEAUTY

IMG-3604a.jpg IMG-3605a.jpg

IMG-3606a.jpg IMG-3627a.jpg

IMG-3607a.jpg IMG-3609a.jpg

IMG-3610a.jpg IMG-3611a.jpg

IMG-3612a.jpg IMG-3613a.jpg

IMG-3613a.jpg

IMG-3614a.jpg IMG-3616a.jpg

IMG-3617a.jpg IMG-3618a.jpg

IMG-3617a.jpg

IMG-3619a.jpg IMG-3620a.jpg

IMG-3622a.jpg IMG-3623a.jpg

IMG-3623a.jpg

IMG-3625a.jpg IMG-3626a.jpg

and in total this Beauty
IMG-3624a.jpg

Hi Gerard Delacroix!

A part of the photos were either lithographed incorrectly or not printed correctly. Some photos are too red, depending on the print sheet. As a printing expert, it probably only bothers me. The pleasure suffers slightly.

P6250711.JPG

Her work is indescribably detailed, extensive and beautiful.

With best regards
Thomas

Last edited:
Hi Gerard Delacroix!

A part of the photos were either lithographed incorrectly or not printed correctly. Some photos are too red, depending on the print sheet. As a printing expert, it probably only bothers me. The pleasure suffers slightly.

View attachment 159665

Her work is indescribably detailed, extensive and beautiful.

With best regards
Thomas
Hallo Thomas,
I can understand your impression, that some photos are too red, but in my opinion and according my knowledge they are correct.
The photos in the booklet are showing two different existing contemporary models. Gérard is naming them "rigged model" and "unrigged model" - this unrigged model is usually not on display and seems to be built maybe in boxwood, which is getting often very dark with a red color tone

The rigged model
IMG-3809.jpg

the unrigged model - which has a real red tone
IMG-3808.jpg

BTW: The rigged model is also shown in detail in another ancre publication with different 20 photos. so maybe interesting for everybody who wants to build the model
MODELES HISTORIQUES au musée de la marine - Volume 2 - by Jean Boudriot

Hi all!

P6290712.JPG

Book up: Frégate de 24 L'EGYPTIENNE 1799 (Digital printing)
Book below: MODELES HISTORIQUES, Musée de la Marine (Offset printing)

P6290716.JPG

Book up: Frégate de 24 L'EGYPTIENNE 1799 (Digital printing)
Book below: MODELES HISTORIQUES Musèe National de Marine (Offset printing)

Offsetprinting is too expensive for short printing! To keep the printing costs in a reasonable range we will see more of the digital printing. Neverless: Once you have held a book from Ancre publishing house in your hands, you always overwhelmed by the paper quality, the pictures, the construction plans and the linen cover. Simply unique works of art.

With best regards
Thomas

Because of the length of the model, ancre decided to offer also the planset of the l’ ÉGYPTIENNE - frégate de 24 in the smaller scale of 1:72.

Tengo una pregunta. los que hemos comprado esta monográfia directamente a Gérard delacroix y yo en mi caso quiero el libreto traducido al español y resulta que lo tiene ancre pero no te lo vende si no demuestras que tienes la monográfia de l. Egyptiene entonces ahora que tengo que hacer, si no tengo un recibo de compra de Gérard de la monográfia no puedo tener el libreto en español o tampoco puede ser

English
I have a question. Those of us who have bought this monograph directly from Gérard Delacroix and I in my case want the libretto translated into Spanish and it turns out that he has it, but he won't sell it to you if you don't show that you have his monograph. Egypt has then now what I have to do, if I don't have a purchase receipt from Gérard of the monograph, I can't have the script in Spanish or it can't be

Tengo una pregunta. los que hemos comprado esta monográfia directamente a Gérard delacroix y yo en mi caso quiero el libreto traducido al español y resulta que lo tiene ancre pero no te lo vende si no demuestras que tienes la monográfia de l. Egyptiene entonces ahora que tengo que hacer, si no tengo un recibo de compra de Gérard de la monográfia no puedo tener el libreto en español o tampoco puede ser

English
I have a question. Those of us who have bought this monograph directly from Gérard Delacroix and I in my case want the libretto translated into Spanish and it turns out that he has it, but he won't sell it to you if you don't show that you have his monograph. Egypt has then now what I have to do, if I don't have a purchase receipt from Gérard of the monograph, I can't have the script in Spanish or it can't be
In the meantime the monograph is only available from Didier Berti from ancre. As I know, Gérard is not selling any more the mono and the translations. The rights are transfered to ancre.

Take a look on the ancre - web-page
Here you can buy the book in spanish language without the plans

Due to the fact, that it is really a bigger booklet with colored print it is offered for 40 Euros and worth the money

Unbenannt.JPG

Back