Planset review L'EGYPTIENNE - french 24-prd frigate - 1799" in scale 1:48 by Gerard Delacroix

Hello,

I am pleased to inform you that the first part of the English translation of L'Egyptienne is available. (Translation by Tony Klouda)
This translation concerns the first 180 pages. The rest that describes the rigging will be available in a few weeks.

Gérard Delacroix
Hallo and a good morning Gerard,
These are very good news - can´t wait to read the monograph (my french is very limited as you know)
Will you automatically transfer the translation in pdf-form via mail to your customers? Or do you need a request form from the customers?

A short update with the information about the english translation.
The translation was done by Anthony Klouda / Tony Klouda (BTW: a very good translation and very good to understand)
The first part of the translation contents all together 81 pages, and it is looking like these excerpts

41.jpg

31.jpg 21.jpg 11.jpg

So it will be easy to read the text in combination with the original booklet - Many Thanks for your work

That is all I need to hear!

Mike Draper
Whitehorse, Yukon
Canada
Hallo Mike,
we from SOS wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

PS: Did you finally ordered the planset? Why not starting a building log, maybe already with your preparations ..... would be very interesting for all of us

Hallo Mike,
we from SOS wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

PS: Did you finally ordered the planset? Why not starting a building log, maybe already with your preparations ..... would be very interesting for all of us
First.. thanks for the birthday wishes.. another year has gone by and one more ring on this tree trunk called my body! :) Yes.. I did order the planset and I will be looking to start a building log sometime down the road. Right now Im rigging the HMS Agamemnon.I plan to fully rig her with sails as well so I have a bit of work ahead of me. I will keep everyone posted.

The planset is amazing. I have spent a few hours already in reviewing the detailed plans. And a english translation was emailed to me which makes things easier for sure.

MIKE

First.. thanks for the birthday wishes.. another year has gone by and one more ring on this tree trunk called my body! :) Yes.. I did order the planset and I will be looking to start a building log sometime down the road. Right now Im rigging the HMS Agamemnon.I plan to fully rig her with sails as well so I have a bit of work ahead of me. I will keep everyone posted.

The planset is amazing. I have spent a few hours already in reviewing the detailed plans. And a english translation was emailed to me which makes things easier for sure.

MIKE
I agree completely with your comment about the quality of the planset - and we all would be happy to see later your work on the L'EGYPTIENNE
BTW: Why not starting a small building log of your rigging and sail-making work on your Agamemnon ? We love to see photos and talk about our hobby

I agree completely with your comment about the quality of the planset - and we all would be happy to see later your work on the L'EGYPTIENNE
BTW: Why not starting a small building log of your rigging and sail-making work on your Agamemnon ? We love to see photos and talk about our hobby
i could do that.. I will get that set up in the next day or two... thanks for flagging that.

MIKE

Today in Naval History - Naval / Maritime Events in History
24 December 1805 - HMS Egyptienne (1799 - 40) and HMS Loire (1796 - 40) captured French frigate Libre (1796 - 40) off Rochefort

On 24 December off Rochefort, HMS Egyptienne, under Lieutenant Handfield, his promotion still not confirmed, and Captain Frederick Lewis Maitland's HMS Loire captured the 40-gun Libre, Capitaine de Frégate Deschorches commanding. Libre was armed with twenty-four 18-pounders, six 36-pounder carronades and ten 9-pounder guns. In the fight, which lasted half an hour, the French lost 20 men killed and wounded out of a crew of 280 men. Loire had no casualties but Egyptienne had 8 wounded, one mortally. Libre was badly damaged and had lost her masts so Loire took her in tow and reached Plymouth with her on 4 January 1806. Libre had sailed from Flushing on 14 November in company with a French 48-gun frigate but the two vessels had parted in a gale on 9 November off the coast of Scotland.

Égyptienne was a French frigate launched at Toulon in 1799. Her first service was in Napoleon's Egyptian campaign of 1801, in which the British captured her at Alexandria. She famously carried the Rosetta Stone to Woolwich, and then the Admiralty commissioned her into the Royal Navy as the 40-gun fifth-rate frigate HMS Egyptienne. She served in a number of single-ship actions before being reduced to harbour service in 1807, and was sold for breaking in 1817.

Legyptienne.jpg

The French 24-pounder frigate Égyptienne.

Design and construction
Égyptienne was part of the two-ship Forte-class of frigates designed by François Caro. She had possibly been ordered on 15 June 1798 as a 74-gun ship-of-the-line of about 1,700 French tons, or 1900 English tons (the evidence is ambiguous). She was begun at Toulon on 26 September 1798 but while building she was modified into a heavy frigate based on the Forte. She was launched 17 July 1799, put into service in November 1799 and armed at Toulon on 23 September 1800. The foremost maindeck port was found too curved in the bow to admit a gun, so Égyptienne received only 48 cannon instead of 50.

Loire was a 44-gun frigate of the French Navy. She was captured following the Battle of Tory Island by a Royal Navy frigate squadron and subsequently taken into British service as HMS Loire.

Loire_img_3184.jpg

Capture of Loire

The Libre was a Romaine-class frigate of the French Navy. She was commissioned in 1800 and remained in active service until captured by the Royal Navy in 1805.

1280px-Fight_of_the_Poursuivante_mp3h9427.jpg

Poursuivante, sister-ship of Libre

large (4).jpg

This images shows port stern quarter views of the L'Immortalite (sistership) (on the left) and the Fisgard (on the right) as they both run before the wind, engaging in broadside gun battle. Smoke billows between the vessels and both have holed sails. L'Immortalite flies the French flag at her stern, while the Fisgard flies the red ensign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_frigate_Égyptienne_(1799)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_frigate_Loire_(1796)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_frigate_Libre_(1796)

Esta monografía tiene su plano de todas sus poleas??

Google translate: This monograph has your plan of all your pulleys?

Muchas gracias por contestarme ,soy nuevo en el foro me llamo Miguel,

Google translate: Thank you very much for answering me, I am new in the forum my name is Miguel

@Mecanizados Welcome aboard , SOS. We can see a nice model in the build progress. Would you mind to open a build log for your model? You can start it here

Bienvenido a bordo, SOS. Podemos ver un bonito modelo en el progreso de la construcción. ¿Le importaría abrir un registro de construcción para su modelo? Puede empezar aquí

No me aclaro mucho para mandaros las fotos ,estoy con el l,artesien ,va todo el casco cerrado aunque le estoy haciendo muchas cosas del interior ,aunque sé que luego no se verán pero hacer esto es un placer

Google Translate:
I don't have much time to send you the pictures, I'm with the art, the whole helmet is closed but I'm doing a lot of things inside, although I know that later you won't see them but it's a pleasure to do this.

DSC01043.JPGDSC00656.JPGDSC01070.JPGIMG_20200106_170953.jpgIMG_20200106_171013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back