plastic planking question

he whole hull below the upper wale is 'planked' with strips of wood imprinted, self adhesive white plastic, called c-d-plastic. Very cheap and it works easy, because with the use of a hair dryer they can be bend in the necessary curves.

thats the qoute from a completed build from the card section, didnt know the right place to put it but heres the question. Just what is this material, what are the cheapest sources for it, and how well can it be adapted to the planking of a wooden hull frame?

he whole hull below the upper wale is 'planked' with strips of wood imprinted, self adhesive white plastic, called c-d-plastic. Very cheap and it works easy, because with the use of a hair dryer they can be bend in the necessary curves.

thats the qoute from a completed build from the card section, didnt know the right place to put it but heres the question. Just what is this material, what are the cheapest sources for it, and how well can it be adapted to the planking of a wooden hull frame?
about which scale we are talking?
And for sailing ships (hull or deck planking) or is it more necessary for e bashing of a plastic model of a battleship or similar?

Google "c-d-plastic." and found no info on this type of product.
Could it be a contact paper with wood photo imprinted?

Last edited:
Here's the thread_
I vaguely remember tracking the product down- it's European.

Hallo @tball4217
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi and Happy Birthday

This is a self adhesive vinyl film and is the same as what the card modeller Doris uses on her builds to achieve amazing results.It is actually a home decorating product and is available in all sorts of different effects.The most prominent manufacturer of this is Fablon.
It comes in large rolls, you will have to cut your own planks using a Scalpel.

King Regards

Nigel

Odd- maybe blocked from a non US address? I was able to find it by going to:
and searching for "vinyl fabulon" It sure looks like the same stuff. Here is another link at Amazon:

I am afraid it won't let me on that, comes up access denied from this server.Maybe blocked to non US ITPs with all the talk of cyber attacks

Back