Pocher 1:4 Ducati Superbike 1299 Panigale S Anniversario + Hardware-kit of Paul Koo [COMPLETED BULD]

Chapter 16, step 2:
Chain:

To finish this chapter immediately, also the chain mounted.
It is useful to put an iron wire through the opening in the swingarm and then pull the chain through. In 2016, I was messing around before the chain got through:
148 Ketting1.jpg

It's a broken chain. The two ends are connected with a separate link:
149 Ketting2.jpg
And fixated with the split spring. The close side ALWAYS towards the direction of rotation of the chain.
150 Ketting3.jpg
The chain-tension sticker indicates how tight the chain should be. We don't do that until the rear suspension is fitted and set. This can be done in 2 positions:
-road, with a low position of the rear frame with seating;
-race, with a higher position.
Now with the included key the chain already put something on tension:
151 Ketting4.jpg
In post #56 you can see the ring with the large rectangular teeth. To rotate the eccentric axis to strain the chain.

Regards, Peter

I worked towards this phase because lately I noticed that working on 3 models brought me the wrong tension. I wasn't "comfortable in my own skin" anymore. That's why I decided to give the Duc a break for the time being and focus all attention on building The Lee to it's finish.
152 Pauze.jpg
The Duc now stands tall, dry and safe and can always look at it with an oblique eye.

Regards, Perter

I worked towards this phase because lately I noticed that working on 3 models brought me the wrong tension. I wasn't "comfortable in my own skin" anymore. That's why I decided to give the Duc a break for the time being and focus all attention on building The Lee to it's finish.
View attachment 202050
The Duc now stands tall, dry and safe and can always look at it with an oblique eye.

Regards, Perter
I can understand that Peter,

Personally I prefer to work on one model at a time otherwise I tend to get stressed.

Looking forward to your return to this magnificent project when you are ready.

Cheers,
Stephen.

I can understand that Peter,

Personally I prefer to work on one model at a time otherwise I tend to get stressed.

Looking forward to your return to this magnificent project when you are ready.

Cheers,
Stephen.
Stephen,
Thanxs for the understanding. You will see the pop-up of the build-log in a few weeks ;).
Looks great. I hope that I can do as well.
Kent
Hi Kent,
You also thanks. When you build step-by-step with dry-fit and always looking a few chapter ahead, you will make it.
The lines from the RF and RG tubes, are sometimes difficult to follow in the drawings. On the last page of the manual, there is a list of all the tubes and wires. For myself a wrote by every tube the page and chapter of the beginning and the end. And between which parts it is connected.
With the advantage you are going through the whole manual and get a better impression of the whole build. And you got the impression on with side the tube must go the later connection.
For example: (P=page, C=chapter)
RF-01: P5-C3-U07 / P6-C5-T08.
On page 6, the ending of this tube, Pocher wrote also the beginning, but by the beginning on page 5 not where it's ending Cautious.
When you need help, let me know.
Regards, Peter

hi Peter, I love your report. I'm also making the same model but much slower. I'm trying to follow the manual of the transcript kit from autograph, but without this kit (1500 euro is to much for me) . So this model will take me months to complete because i have to make a whole lot of parts myself, but that is the fun of it. I also bought the hardwarekit of Paul Koo. here are some foto's of my project (as far as the engine now :-( ) but the details are stunning.
20210101_011919.jpg
20210101_012431.jpg

20210101_012335.jpg
wish you luck with finishing your ducati, it is a beautiful motorcycle. vriendelijke groeten, Lex Blok

hi Peter, I love your report. I'm also making the same model but much slower. I'm trying to follow the manual of the transcript kit from autograph, but without this kit (1500 euro is to much for me) . So this model will take me months to complete because i have to make a whole lot of parts myself, but that is the fun of it. I also bought the hardwarekit of Paul Koo. here are some foto's of my project (as far as the engine now :-( ) but the details are stunning.
View attachment 203113
View attachment 203115

View attachment 203117
wish you luck with finishing your ducati, it is a beautiful motorcycle. vriendelijke groeten, Lex Blok
Hi Lex,
Thanxs for the reply. Your build looks great. Al lot more details, chainged bolts, labels etc.
Beside the kit from Paul Koo, I have also looked to the Autograph details. It is a beautifull challenge to make them scratch yourself. And the satisfaction is even greater.
Go on!
Regards, Peter

There is also a Final Edition of the Panigale coming Summer of 2021. I have reserved it, the F2 and also a LeGrand Mercedes 300 SLR from ScaleAutoWorks.com

There is also a Final Edition of the Panigale coming Summer of 2021. I have reserved it, the F2 and also a LeGrand Mercedes 300 SLR from ScaleAutoWorks.com
Hi Kent,
I saw also all these models passing by. Gives me choise-stress :).
For you a lot of work to do in your ‘garage’ in the 2nd half of ‘21 and the 1th in ‘22 (or longer).
Also stuff to see them growing in build-logs ;).
Here some links for the MB 300 SLR:
Youtube: -> Legrand 300 SLR <-
Regards, Peter

The Mercedes SLR Uhlenhaut is from company LeGrand, part of Lemke from Germany
Looks like a very interesting kit.....

The Mercedes SLR Uhlenhaut is from company LeGrand, part of Lemke from Germany
Looks like a very interesting kit.....
Hi Uwe,
They have been working on the development for over a year and I have been looking the site from the beginning. The possible price has already gone up in that time.;)
Regards, Peter

Back