Pocher 1:4 Ducati Superbike 1299 Panigale S Anniversario + Hardware-kit of Paul Koo [COMPLETED BULD]

Before I get started with the next chapter, I had to make 3 banjo plugs for the 3 brake shoes. To replace the plastic ones.
So:
153 Banjos.jpg
-flatten chrome ball with hole on both sides;
-drill hole for the brake line;
-1 mm copper wire brake line;
-the hose clamp for the brake line already put on, of 2.5 mm copper tube;
-hexa bolt from a former Pocher kit through the hole.

On both brake shoes for the front brake:
154 Banjos.jpg

With the result:
Right front:
155 Banjo RV.jpg
Links front:
156 Banjo LV.jpg
Behind:
157 Banjo A.jpg
The brake hose can be put a little further on it. And a tip of paint on the hex-bolt/banjo.

Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Before I get started with the next chapter, I had to make 3 banjo plugs for the 3 brake shoes. To replace the plastic ones.
So:
View attachment 227852
-flatten chrome ball with hole on both sides;
-drill hole for the brake line;
-1 mm copper wire brake line;
-the hose clamp for the brake line already put on, of 2.5 mm copper tube;
-hexa bolt from a former Pocher kit through the hole.

On both brake shoes for the front brake:
View attachment 227853

With the result:
Right front:
View attachment 227854
Links front:
View attachment 227855
Behind:
View attachment 227856
The brake line can be put a little further on it. And a tip of paint on the hex-bolt/banjo.

Regards, Peter
Hi Peter,

Great to see progress once more.
Great work love the banjo fittings, I hope you bled the brakes after fitting the hoses. ;)

Cheers,
Stephen.

Hi Peter,

Great to see progress once more.
Great work love the banjo fittings, I hope you bled the brakes after fitting the hoses. ;)

Cheers,
Stephen.
Thanks Stephen.
Of course I do, standard procedure.
I will use this, for my race-bike. Same connection:
F73FBF30-262E-4E25-89F2-56F47E2971E2.jpeg
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Nice to see more progress on the bike - keep it coming!
Ted
Thanxs Ted, here it comes:

Chapter 17-1:
158 Hfst 17-1.jpg
In this chapter, the parts are assembled into a few components.
First all the parts collected. After that, many switches between the manuals of Pocher and Paul Koo, as well as the photos:
159 Parts.jpg
I'll show the components separately.

Clutch Slave Cilinder:
In addition to M1.6 x 8 socket-head Allen screws from Paul Koo, a new banje plug has also been made here.
160 Clutch.jpg

Front Sprocket Guard:
The cylinder is mounted together with the front sprocket guard:
161 guard.jpg

Front gear protection:
This consists of both a metal bracket around the gear and a protective cover over the gear. Behind this hood is the cabling of the Gear Position Sensor as an extra detail:
162 covber.jpg

Left Heel Guard:
This is normally attached with 2 bolts to the main bracket to which the rear spring system is also attached. The model is missing the 2 bolts. Therefore 2 holes 1.3 mm drilled and 2 Allen bolts attached:
163 Heel.jpg

Soon we will continue to assemble many parts on this main bracket.
regards, Peter

Last edited:
Left Footpeg / Gearshift Lever:
164 Voet-Schakel.jpg
Extra’s:
-Instead of a black Philips kit screw, a Paul Koo socket screw is used for the footpeg.
-The gearshift lever should also be installed with a black Philips screw, inside the hole of the main bracket.
The pivot hole in the bracket is enlarged with a 2.5 mm drill. The pivot hole in the gearshift lever is enlarged with a 2.3 mm drill. After use of a M2.5 tap, the lever bolted with a button head Allen screw.

Rear suspension and Quick-Shifter:
The parts:
165 Rerar shock.jpg
Installed with the decals. And work a little ahead to assemble:
Spring and Shock Forward:
166 Rerar shock.jpg

All together:
167 Rerar shock.jpg

Regards, Peter

Peter,

Excellent build log - That is one heck of a superb kit - I knew Pocher from their cars - didn't know that they were still creating new kits - You're doing
a great build....

Regards,

Peter,
Excellent build log - That is one heck of a superb kit - I knew Pocher from their cars - didn't know that they were still creating new kits - You're doing
a great build....
Regards,
Thanxs John,
Since a few years they do. Bikes and hopefully second half of this year: See my post 75, with the link for the new Pocher Lotus 72D.
Pocher is now part of Hornby Hobbies. Perhaps the reason for the development of this British icon of Colin Chapman.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Wow!!!,

My Admiral is Brazilian - met her there years ago when I was going back and forth a lot, we became close - Been together forever.
BUT we had a mutual friend, living in Marina del Rey CA, who knew him very well. He happened to be in Los Angeles when I was alo in LA; the three of spent a great evening with him. Charming, and funny - Though when he won the Indy 500 fans, and the press were a bit more than upset (Milk vs Orange juice)

I may just have to get that kit when it is released. Thanks for the head's up - missed that going through your log

Cheers,

Wow!!!,

My Admiral is Brazilian - met her there years ago when I was going back and forth a lot, we became close - Been together forever.
BUT we had a mutual friend, living in Marina del Rey CA, who knew him very well. He happened to be in Los Angeles when I was alo in LA; the three of spent a great evening with him. Charming, and funny - Though when he won the Indy 500 fans, and the press were a bit more than upset (Milk vs Orange juice)

I may just have to get that kit when it is released. Thanks for the head's up - missed that going through your log

Cheers,
John, what a beautiful story!
It's great that a build log triggers these kinds of memories.
An advice: make a pre-order. There's (as mostly) quite a limit and there's a lot of interest.
Regards, Peter

The last component of this chapter 17-1.
Kickstand:
168 Kick.jpg
With the spring and the wiring for the drive-protection.

Rear Cilinder Side Cover:
Before mounting the rear shock absorber support, PK recommends that you install the rear cylinder side cover on the left. It now stands with me that by the previous Duc it was indeed the puzzle. The flange must be under the rear frame and 2 pins in a recess:
169 Cover.jpg

Chapter 17-2:
170 Hfst 17-2.jpg

The support with shock absorber and kickstand mounted:
171 Side-L.jpg
With the details:
A: the attachment to the block;
B: same, together with the kickstand;
C: Suspension / shock absorber link system;
D: hinged shock absorber arm;
E: Quick-shifter;
F: Kickstand + road safety, with the cable to the connector;
G: Wiring Quick-shifter and gearbox position sensor, held together with pieces of heat shrink tubing;
H: hose to clutch slave cilinder;
I: 2 hoses of the adjustable shock absorber;
J: Rear suspension Rocker Arm between swingarm and link system. This is in the 'low/street' position:
172 Link.jpg
'High' is for circuit use. Then the Duc is more ‘on the front suspension’.

The Duc can now stand free, without a temporary block between the rear frame and the swingarm.
173 Links.jpg
And I could adjust the chain right away.
The whole now weighs 5.2 kg.

With a functioning:
Kickstand:
174 SideStand.jpg
Rear suspension:
175 Veerweg.jpg
Shift pedal with Quick-Shifter:
176 Schakel.jpg

Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Time to do something on The Duc.
Chapter 19:
177 Hfst 19.jpg
Left Handlebar with Clutch:

All the parts with my fingers as a reference. The spring in the bag SP-05 is very tiny.
But also the decals, some with the size of the tip of a toothpick.
178 Clutch.jpg

The parts for the hand lever/clutch parts:
179 Clutch.jpg
Fitted together:
180 Clutch.jpg

With the decals:
181 Clutch.jpg
And the extra’s:
-most of the bolts where from the Paul Koo kit;
-1: cable from the height-control switch for the electronic suspension;
-2: cable from the switch unit;
-3: rubber washers;
-4: gray paint on the center button and height-control switch;

And the reservoir cup filled with flued.
182 Clutch.jpg
The end of the handle bar painted black.
In the middle below, the connection for the cluch-tube.

Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Back