POF Hayling Hoy 1760 Modelship Dockyard

Just started this part myself and wondered about the spindle.
Looking good.

Looking good. I have also more or less stopped using the instructions. What product did you use as varnish? I found fitting the supports for the forward windlass a real pain, think they should have gone in before the middle deck.
Colin I took a picture of the varnish I used. ABE523A9-8854-4834-A1EA-E8E9D663F301.jpeg

Me again.I think I understood why the windows are so high.for beauty.judging by this drawing, the middle window and the upper panes of each window are fake.they were probably opaque.

View attachment 371197
I think also, that this was the case on these windows
On my Le Coureur all the windows at the stern were fake windows, without any glas only wooden frames - this was done in the past only to immitate a bigger vessel

Hey there. You did really great. I'm doing the very same kit at this very moment, but I have a problem: either the kit berth or Antscherl's monography suggest to taper the cutwater before having the keel in place, but I can't see that operation in any picture of actual models. Did you do that or did you adjust the slot instead of the keel?
Thanks in advance for any hint. Kind regards
A.

Hello my name is Arne and I’m from the Netherlands. Have been watching in silence at al the great builds over here.

This will be my first build log. Build some ships before like the Endeavour j class. But never a POF build. I still have a lot to learn. Hope this build log will help with that and also slows me down by knowing people are watching so it has to be good.

I ordered the Hayling 15-08 and today it was at the door. I also received a mail that there was a issue with under cutting on some sheets. Unfortunately my kid was one of them. New sheets will be send, great service.
View attachment 325407

Could not resist to start with the platform. Everything went smoothly, only dry fitted at the moment.
View attachment 325408

Arne
Hallo @Arne Schippers
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Uwek thanks again for your reply. Like Dubz mentions I forgot to check the images of the model.View attachment 335370
Removed the pieces and put them back again but now parallel to each other. The last piece F5 still needs some sanding but is looking beter than before.
Small mistake but a big difference.
The biggest issue is the 1st cant frame's tumblehome: that doesn't fit the howse pieces. You can easily check it out from F4's aft and fore cant frame profiles converging until they kiss each other. Below Antscherl's draught with its upright gunwales.17011774373445698232906447835528.jpg

Last edited:
Back