Points in profile

I understand that adding a message or replying to others will increase the message count, but how do the points change in your profile?
Good question Jbradford, The point grow as you become more active in the forum. For example: create your own posts (build logs), like\dislike other's posts, create media (photo albums). All of this means - participate in the SOS daily, be part of our family!!

I have added my build log back, responded to other folks builds, liked their posts and my points have been stuck at 78 for a few months now.

The higher you go, I think the more difficult it is to get points. You go up fast at the beginning, but not so much as you rise in rank. It’s kind of like drugs. They tease you with a quick high at first, and when you’re hooked, you need more and more.

Hallo,
the points are so called "trophie points" and are awarded after some special rules. F.e you are getting 20 points, when you posted 100 posts in the forum and additional 20 points with 100 likes.
The list of trophy points you can find when you scroll down to the end on the Main page, you can find these icons

11.JPG
Click on "Terms and Rules"

12.JPG
here please click on "Tropies" and you will find the list
13.JPG

you can check your own points, when you take a look on your account
14.JPG

here click on the number under "Points" - you have in moment 78
15.JPG

and you can find your awarded points

BTW: you received at 27th of August 20 points, means from 58 to 78 !

16.JPG

The points are not changing permanently, only if you reached a certain number of posts or likes

Hallo,
the points are so called "trophie points" and are awarded after some special rules. F.e you are getting 20 points, when you posted 100 posts in the forum and additional 20 points with 100 likes.
The list of trophy points you can find when you scroll down to the end on the Main page, you can find these icons

View attachment 178018
Click on "Terms and Rules"

View attachment 178019
here please click on "Tropies" and you will find the list
View attachment 178020

you can check your own points, when you take a look on your account
View attachment 178021

here click on the number under "Points" - you have in moment 78
View attachment 178022

and you can find your awarded points

BTW: you received at 27th of August 20 points, means from 58 to 78 !

View attachment 178023

The points are not changing permanently, only if you reached a certain number of posts or likes
My own focus, possibly like yours, is in the exchanges that go on between SoS members, whether in a build type or topic that I am involved with or not. By scrolling and fishing around I have come across some items that were of interest, if not of the moment but for the future and getting me to think outside of the box. Just for consideration. . . take a few minutes each day to see what is new that you can find. Have fun with all that you can embrace. PT-2

Huh...I have not paid attention to the whole points thing. I try to engage where it supports, add my experiences if they might help, and post my feeble attempts on a build log. Awesome group! Truly talented modeling! Thank you everyone for what you contribute to the hobby!
Well said! PT-2

I noticed that on my page there is a black patch with two white stripes, in the US Navy this would signify a person with the rank of "Seaman Apprentice (Pay Grade E2)", what does it mean here?

I noticed that on my page there is a black patch with two white stripes, in the US Navy this would signify a person with the rank of "Seaman Apprentice (Pay Grade E2)", what does it mean here?
It is only a nice gadget we have here in our forum.
LIke Vfordyce already mentioned - depending on your activity and number of posts you are promoted.
So you will get soon some more stripes.....
The same with the (Trophie) points - here also with getting likes by other members

It is only a nice gadget we have here in our forum.
LIke Vfordyce already mentioned - depending on your activity and number of posts you are promoted.
So you will get soon some more stripes.....
The same with the (Trophie) points - here also with getting likes by other members
Rank advancement in SoS just depends upon how much you like to "talk" and share what your see or do. One place that "Big Mouths" with civility and humor are encouraged and rewarded. Just a personal thought. Rich (PT-2)

Rank advancement in SoS just depends upon how much you like to "talk" and share what your see or do. One place that "Big Mouths" with civility and humor are encouraged and rewarded. Just a personal thought. Rich (PT-2)
Are you saying I have a big mouth? Yours is bigger! You have more rank.

Back