Polacca-Sciabecco franceze Mistique [COMPLETED BUILD]

The sails were dry.Purchased this color.for 2 days sheathed 6 sails BOLTROPE.There was only one Latin ,the largest.Then make the sail cringely,put them in the reef beckets and can be mounted on the yardarms. P.S. There was a mistake.In the previous post, I showed the guns for the Glory of Catherine.I got the wrong topic when posting.Maybe the moderator will move to the topic about the Glory of Catherine.IMG_20210103_204952.jpgIMG_20210103_205023.jpgIMG_20210103_205033.jpgIMG_20210103_205053.jpg

Last edited:
The sails were dry.Purchased this color.for 2 days sheathed 6 sails liktrosom.There was only one Latin ,the largest.Then make the sail cringely,put them in the reef beckets and can be mounted on the yardarms. P.S. There was a mistake.In the previous post, I showed the guns for the Glory of Catherine.I got the wrong topic when posting.Maybe the moderator will move to the topic about the Glory of Catherine.View attachment 203201View attachment 203202View attachment 203203View attachment 203204
Looks like a lot of time hand-sewing the bolt ropes around the sails. Great patience and attention. Rich

Well, I completed the next stage.Equipped the mainmast with all 3 sails. The ropes just go nowhere.I don't have time to wind new ones.So far, I like everything.I express my sympathy to Dean62.He will only have to do this in his construction of Casador.IMG_20210114_223919.jpgIMG_20210114_223937.jpgIMG_20210114_223948.jpgIMG_20210114_224007.jpgIMG_20210114_224014.jpgIMG_20210114_224029.jpgIMG_20210114_224106.jpgIMG_20210114_224130.jpgIMG_20210114_224143.jpg

Well, I completed the next stage.Equipped the mainmast with all 3 sails. The ropes just go nowhere.I don't have time to wind new ones.So far, I like everything.I express my sympathy to Dean62.He will only have to do this in his construction of Casador.View attachment 205600View attachment 205601View attachment 205602View attachment 205603View attachment 205604View attachment 205605View attachment 205606View attachment 205607View attachment 205608
Are the foot ropes along and below the yards called "Hounds"? I am not sure but thinking about the crew out on those swaying foot ropes leaning over the yard and trying to claw up the hundreds of pounds of sail, more if wet) to secure them with the reefing lashings from windward inward and over to leeward is a mindboggling task that probably caused a falling death of many a tired or careless sailor. You have worked out a large maze of organized rigging and falls here. Tedious but appreciated work on you part for me. Rich (PT-2)

Perts on the yards for some reason are missing from the drawings.Neither Corel nor the new model from China.On other found images of shebek, they are where they are, where they are not.I will ask Russian modelers, maybe they will tell me this moment.0912.jpgChebec_Mistic-IMG_8860.jpgdasfvss.jpgwm_Chebec_genois_de_14_canons_en_1826.jpg

Perts on the yards for some reason are missing from the drawings.Neither Corel nor the new model from China.On other found images of shebek, they are where they are, where they are not.I will ask Russian modelers, maybe they will tell me this moment.View attachment 205680View attachment 205681View attachment 205682View attachment 205683
I think that I see those foot ropes drawn below the yard of the mainsail on the main mast with the supporting lines. Also possibly on the sail yard just above but those are only sagging ropes and not with the supporting lines. Rich

Very good work ......
In my opinion, these sail configuration of mixed lateen with square sails are looking every time very strange to me....
especially the lateen sail on your model is much higher than the main mast with the square sails.....
maybe also because the foremast is not so much inclined as usual when lateens are mounted - but I guess, this is the optical distortion in the first photo

[QUOTE="Mr.Deep, post: 150919,
Very good work ......
In my opinion, these sail configuration of mixed lateen with square sails are looking every time very strange to me....
especially the lateen sail on your model is much higher than the main mast with the square sails.....
maybe also because the foremast is not so much inclined as usual when lateens are mounted - but I guess, this is the optical distortion in the first photo
IMG_20210125_175920.jpg
All according to the drawing. The foremast has a slight tilt. The Latin sail has the same area as all straight sails.

Wow this is really beautiful and impressive.

I plan on building this model next but not sure I'm advanced enough yet. I've only built the Santa Maria by Amati and am currently working on the New Bedford Whale Boat by Amati as well.

How did you decide on that colour scheme? It looks like just plain wood to me on the website I've seen where you can purchase it.

Wow this is really beautiful and impressive.

I plan on building this model next but not sure I'm advanced enough yet. I've only built the Santa Maria by Amati and am currently working on the New Bedford Whale Boat by Amati as well.

How did you decide on that colour scheme? It looks like just plain wood to me on the website I've seen where you can purchase it.
Thank you for your positive feedback. But my model is made from scratch. This is not a set. All the wood is its own, sawn from white willow. In addition to the deck, I bought maple veneer. The underwater part of the hull was covered with an oak stain. The rest is just varnish.

Thank you for your positive feedback. But my model is made from scratch. This is not a set. All the wood is its own, sawn from white willow. In addition to the deck, I bought maple veneer. The underwater part of the hull was covered with an oak stain. The rest is just varnish.

From scratch?! Wow I'm amazed...

Back