Polacca Veneziana del 1750 1/150 scale

It was suggested I start a build log, so here we are.

Note: this is my first build, so there's going to be a lot of confusion. The Polacca Veneziana kit was suggested as a first good build for me, I think it looks complicated, but it does appear to make a beautiful model if the picture on the box is any indicator.

Where I have already lost 2 days is figuring out if the "ribs" should be cut off, or if the decking plate should be altered to fit in around them. after days of digging around I found a scratch build log on facebook, and a video where others have cut off the ribs. Then I found it is mentioned in the "instructions" provided with the kit - so they are lopped off. I'm struggling to wrap my head around how I'm going to plank without attached supports, but i guess I don't have to worry about that just yet.

I'm now doing some fine tuning on the blocks and about to start the planking which I'm very excited to get into, i can't wait for this thing to start looking like a ship!

20201019_080048.jpg20201019_080039.jpg

Well this is a disheartening post - I can't seem to make superglue work. Have any of you guys run into this issue? it's just not setting up

Attachments

• 20201020_192349.jpg
    20201020_192349.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 3
Hello, unless it is an old (aged) glue, the surface might be 'oily' or greasy? Have you tried to use 'acetone' to degrease? Are those two gluing parts are from the same material?

ALSO AN ACDELARATOR BUT BE CAREFUL WITH THE ACCELARATER AS IT CAN DISCOLOR THE WOOD, I ALSO WAS TOLD THAT YOU CAN USE WATER AS AN ACCEERATOR IN A SPRAY, HAVE NOT TRIED THAT YET CHIP IN GUYS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

both wood, I was told this was good for the planking. But if age can be a factor, i will try new bottles - thanks!
As Paul recommends and I am completely in synch with him, the best glue for wood is PVA based. CA will penetrate the wood and you will not be able to 'finish' it. it will 'clog' the timber. If you absolutely need to use CA, I found a great blends\brand from Creative Dynamics, IMHO. Check them out...

It was suggested I start a build log, so here we are.

Note: this is my first build, so there's going to be a lot of confusion. The Polacca Veneziana kit was suggested as a first good build for me, I think it looks complicated, but it does appear to make a beautiful model if the picture on the box is any indicator.

Where I have already lost 2 days is figuring out if the "ribs" should be cut off, or if the decking plate should be altered to fit in around them. after days of digging around I found a scratch build log on facebook, and a video where others have cut off the ribs. Then I found it is mentioned in the "instructions" provided with the kit - so they are lopped off. I'm struggling to wrap my head around how I'm going to plank without attached supports, but i guess I don't have to worry about that just yet.

I'm now doing some fine tuning on the blocks and about to start the planking which I'm very excited to get into, i can't wait for this thing to start looking like a ship!

Hallo @dooder85
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you still working on the model? Would be nice to see some update of your Polacca

Back