• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Poltava - Russian 54-gun sailing battleship of the 4th rank - in scale 1:72

Today is Shipbuilder's Day in Russia. The date was chosen because on this day in 1667, Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich issued a decree on the construction of the first Russian ship, the frigate "Oрел"(Eagle) According to archival records, this was the first Russian warship built by government order and at government expense.
 
I hung the steering wheel. I put nails in the hinges. By the way, here's a life hack. You can use good nails from the legs of old processors from the company. Heat the processor on gas, tap it lightly, and the legs will fall off.

IMG_20250809_152357.jpg

IMG_20250809_162003.jpg

1754742495614.jpg

1754742516220.jpg
 
Greetings to all modelers. Well, the construction of the Poltava model has come to an end. I've been fighting a battle with decor lately. Several appeals to people involved in 3D modeling did not lead to a result. So I had to take everything into my own hands. An Elegoo 3D printer was purchased and things got off the ground. The Tripo neural network site helped me a lot. I created models through him. Then, with the help of Zbruch, I brought them to mind, to the state I needed. Of course, I still need to study and study, but for the first time the result suits me. How do you see my model now?

IMG_20260821_130629.jpg

IMG_20260821_130830.jpg

IMG_20260821_130844.jpg

IMG_20260821_130851.jpg

IMG_20260821_130904.jpg

IMG_20260821_130913.jpg

IMG_20260821_130933.jpg

IMG_20260821_130950.jpg

IMG_20260821_131000.jpg

IMG_20260821_131009.jpg

IMG_20260821_131032.jpg

IMG_20260821_131043.jpg

IMG_20260821_131109.jpg

IMG_20260821_131121.jpg

IMG_20260821_131136.jpg

IMG_20260821_131149.jpg

IMG_20260821_131156.jpg

IMG_20260821_131208.jpg

IMG_20260821_131320.jpg

IMG_20260821_131329.jpg

IMG_20260821_131334.jpg

IMG_20260821_131343.jpg

IMG_20260821_131351.jpg

IMG_20260821_131405.jpg

IMG_20260821_131422.jpg
 
Back
Top