Ponal Express Adhesive

Anyone used Ponal Express White adhesive. Be interested in your experiences good or bad.

Thx,
Ron

As far as I know, it is a PVA (wood glue) under the Ponal brand name, made by Henkel Germany). It is labeled D3 standard - waterproof and suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Previously, it was available only in Europe.

In Germany and Austria the Ponal Express wood glue is the standard water based wood glue
I guess most of the modelers here are using this glue - also myself

60782f5303fd3.png

Dry after some minutes, but definitely enough time to correct if necessary
the glue is white, so you can see very good surplus, which you can remove with a chisel etc. - when it is dry the glue is transparent
You can reopen joints relatively easily with drops of water, which I needed already several times.

This glue is my standard wood glue

In Germany and Austria the Ponal Express wood glue is the standard water based wood glue
I guess most of the modelers here are using this glue - also myself

View attachment 452991

Dry after some minutes, but definitely enough time to correct if necessary
the glue is white, so you can see very good surplus, which you can remove with a chisel etc. - when it is dry the glue is transparent
You can reopen joints relatively easily with drops of water, which I needed already several times.

This glue is my standard wood glue
Thanks for the reply. It does have a slightly different consistency then other PVA's and sets up faster, hence the 'express' label. I just started using it and, so far, I like it. When I placed an order it took several weeks to arrive as it wasn't stocked here in the US.

Thanks again,
Ron

Anyone used Ponal Express White adhesive. Be interested in your experiences good or bad.

Thx,
Ron
Excellent PVA glue I am using on a daily basis
Fairly cheap (15 euros for 225 grams)
Available on Amazon in France (and I guess all of Europe)

I bought Ponal Express PVA glue and Fixo-Glum rubber cement from Amazon (USA) before starting my Granado. They were recommended by Uwek, and my goal is to duplicate his handiwork, so I bought them. I love both products (should have gotten 2 Ponals), but my work is not approaching his. Perhaps skill has something to do with it. Anyhow, it's a great glue: holds very quickly but still allows movement to get alignment correct.

Back