Possibly missing pieces

I recently completed the HMS Endeavour and ordered the Diana. I'm wondering if anyone else has done the Diana as I think I'm short on parts. I have only 22 total cannons,
53 pcs. of 2x5 limewood
57 pcs. 0.4x5 Sapelli
29 pcs. 0.4x5 limewood
1 5x5 for top deck supports of which I'm short by 40 mm.
I haven't counted the rest, but, so far it doesn't look good, can anyone help out here? Thanks

Where can I BUY cannon kits for ships. Ie for the model Rattlesnake?
a good source of naval gun kits would be Dry-DockModels. The store carries the burrels as well as carriage kits, PE parts, rigging blocks, and rigging lines to complete the entire cannon.

The store owner is our member and can help you.

I recently completed the HMS Endeavour and ordered the Diana. I'm wondering if anyone else has done the Diana as I think I'm short on parts. I have only 22 total cannons,
53 pcs. of 2x5 limewood
57 pcs. 0.4x5 Sapelli
29 pcs. 0.4x5 limewood
1 5x5 for top deck supports of which I'm short by 40 mm.
I haven't counted the rest, but, so far it doesn't look good, can anyone help out here? Thanks
Did you already contact Jotika and discuss with them the missing parts? I guess the Diana kit is the Jotika / Caldercraft?

Did you already contact Jotika and discuss with them the missing parts? I guess the Diana kit is the Jotika / Caldercraft?

There is a spanish Diana kit from Occre too

There is a spanish Diana kit from Occre too
you are correct - sorry, I forgot about the spanish Diana frigate

than it is clear with the muzzles - the Occre has some dummy guns for the lower covered gun deck

Screenshot 2024-05-21 142956.png

and here a photo of the strips

Screenshot 2024-05-21 143055.png

BTW:
Did you check also the kit review here in SOS made by @Rob. T. of the Occre kit?

BTW:
Did you check also the kit review here in SOS made by @Rob. T. of the Occre kit?

I will look at Rob. T review. My kit is # 14001 from Occre I would think there should be a parts list of all the wood ( minus composites) strips to complete the build. Is there any chance of emailing this? Before I go any further. Being new to Occre I wasn't sure how or who to address my issue to. Thanks for the help.

If you are building the HMS Diana 1794 which was an Artois class frigate there is a set of high resolution contemporary drawings of the Artois that you might want to study as you build the kit. They can be found on the WikiCommons site https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Ship_plans_of_the_Royal_Museums_Greenwich Scroll to page 4 or five and they begin there and carry onto the next page. There are seven drawings.

The cannon on HMS Diana were likely Blomefields which OcCre did not provide in the past, (hopefully that has changed) You can get a set at any scale in black printed resin. I paid about $15 for a set of 20 barrels in 1:64 including freight after sending the 3D drawing to the printer that I use in the USA. I have the Blomefield drawings in 3D available if you are interested.

If your kit is the Spanish vessel I have detailed 2D drawings of Spanish pattern guns for this era in whatever scale you need, but you would have to have them redrawn in 3D for the printer.

I tried to attach a 3D drawing here of a Blomefield but they cannot be attached.

The photo below is a large scale printed Armstrong Frederick pattern barrel on an appropriate carriage for the era. Unfortunately the George 3 badge is hard to see on the barrel, but it is there. Finished 1.JPG

Allan

Blomefield 9  Pounders.JPG

If you are building the HMS Diana 1794 which was an Artois class frigate there is a set of high resolution contemporary drawings of the Artois that you might want to study as you build the kit. They can be found on the WikiCommons site https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Ship_plans_of_the_Royal_Museums_Greenwich Scroll to page 4 or five and they begin there and carry onto the next page. There are seven drawings.

The cannon on HMS Diana were likely Blomefields which OcCre did not provide in the past, (hopefully that has changed) You can get a set at any scale in black printed resin. I paid about $15 for a set of 20 barrels in 1:64 including freight after sending the 3D drawing to the printer that I use in the USA. I have the Blomefield drawings in 3D available if you are interested.

If your kit is the Spanish vessel I have detailed 2D drawings of Spanish pattern guns for this era in whatever scale you need, but you would have to have them redrawn in 3D for the printer.

I tried to attach a 3D drawing here of a Blomefield but they cannot be attached.

The photo below is a large scale printed Armstrong Frederick pattern barrel on an appropriate carriage for the era. Unfortunately the George 3 badge is hard to see on the barrel, but it is there. View attachment 448674

Allan

View attachment 448672
I think the Spanish Diana is not the sane as the the English ,it is the spanish Mahonese class what Occre sells

It is right in the Title

I will look at Rob. T review. My kit is # 14001 from Occre I would think there should be a parts list of all the wood ( minus composites) strips to complete the build. Is there any chance of emailing this? Before I go any further. Being new to Occre I wasn't sure how or who to address my issue to. Thanks for the help.
attached you will find the Manual of the Occre Diana

you can download them from their webpage

Attachments

• 14001-DIANA.pdf
    19.7 MB · Views: 32
Thanks guys for all the info here. The 'other' cannons I have, plus the parts list, directions, etc. It's the planking pieces mainly I'm worried about of not having enough of. I guess I'll just continue on and see how far I get. Again, thanks for the info and help.

We also offer Royal Navy and US Navy cannons and carronades in many popular scales, including Blomefields.

We also offer Royal Navy and US Navy cannons and carronades in many popular scales, including Blomefields.
Hi, Steve. Is it possible for you can show us here some of your work in naval cannons: both just printed and painted (ready)? That would be great. Looking forward to seeing some of your work, and thank you.

Thanks, Jim!

Here are images of some of our 3D-printed cannons, carronades, Brodie galley stove, lower capstan, ships' blocks and jeer blocks (from 2 mm to 10 mm in size). The models are available in many popular scales. This is how the models appear after printing. In other words, this is what customers receive.

I regret to say that I don't have any photos of painted models.

Model Monkey 1-48 Carronades 32-pounder Royal Navy with Skeads c.jpg

Model Monkey 1-48 Carronades 32-pounder Royal Navy with Skeads f.jpg

Model Monkey 1-64 Cannons 32-pounder long-pattern a.jpg

Model Monkey 1-64 Cannons 32-pounder long-pattern b.jpg

Model Monkey 1-64 Carriage for 18-pounder Cannons long-pattern c.jpg

Model Monkey 1-72 Brodie Galley Stove a.jpg

Model Monkey 1-72 Capstan for 18th and 19th Century Ships Lower a.jpg

Model Monkey Ships Blocks 10 mm triple sheave b.jpg

Model Monkey Blocks 3 mm double sheave b.jpg

Model Monkey Blocks 2 mm triple sheave a.jpg

Model Monkey Blocks 4 mm single sheave b.jpg

...and correct me if I am wrong, you can scale the products and print in the desired scale, correct?

Back