Posting pictures of Cutty Sark

My wife and I visited Cutty Sark in Greenwich while in London a few years back. Having built the Revell plastic kit of her as an adolescent, I found it a remarkable and emotional experience. As you all probably know, the ship largely burned in a fire in 2007, and to a much lesser degree in 2014. The restoration and how she is displayed is truly spectacular. Rather than resting Cutty Sark on her keel, they chose to suspend her with many supports along the hull. She's surrounded by a sort of greenhouse enclosure at roughly waterline, so visitors can "keelhaul" themselves by walking completely under the gorgeous copper hull. Here's just one photo;
DSCF2669.JPGAnyway, I took a fair number of photos while there and I'm thinking that anyone building a model of Cutty Sark or interested in ships in general would find these interesting. Where should I post them?

My wife and I visited Cutty Sark in Greenwich while in London a few years back. Having built the Revell plastic kit of her as an adolescent, I found it a remarkable and emotional experience. As you all probably know, the ship largely burned in a fire in 2007, and to a much lesser degree in 2014. The restoration and how she is displayed is truly spectacular. Rather than resting Cutty Sark on her keel, they chose to suspend her with many supports along the hull. She's surrounded by a sort of greenhouse enclosure at roughly waterline, so visitors can "keelhaul" themselves by walking completely under the gorgeous copper hull. Here's just one photo;
View attachment 153318Anyway, I took a fair number of photos while there and I'm thinking that anyone building a model of Cutty Sark or interested in ships in general would find these interesting. Where should I post them?
Great that you want to share the photos.....
Please open a new topic in this area:

Back