Pre-stitched sail set for 'Cutty Sark' / Sergal nr. 789 ["SOLD"]

When I bought the kit for 'Cutty Sark', the shopkeeper gave me as a present a pre-stitched set of sails for her, as his shop was being closed down.
I am, however, not going to put my 'CS' under sail, and therefore I wonder whether someone is interested in these sails.
I received them free of charge and I offer them therefore free of charge. Maybe only agains payment of postage, if to be sent abroad.

Jan van Leeuwen
Muiden, Holland

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

When I bought the kit for 'Cutty Sark', the shopkeeper gave me as a present a pre-stitched set of sails for her, as his shop was being closed down.
I am, however, not going to put my 'CS' under sail, and therefore I wonder whether someone is interested in these sails.
I received them free of charge and I offer them therefore free of charge. Maybe only agains payment of postage, if to be sent abroad.

Jan van Leeuwen
Muiden, Holland

View attachment 322216

View attachment 322217

View attachment 322218

View attachment 322219

View attachment 322220

Jan van Leeuwen
Muiden, Holland

View attachment 322216

View attachment 322217

View attachment 322218

View attachment 322219

View attachment 322220
Hi Jan,

I would definitely be interested in the sails if you still have them. I just recently bought the Mantua/Sergal Cutty Sark so this would be a welcome addition.
I am in the US so I would obviously pay you the shipping plus some extra for your efforts in helping out a fellow member!

Best wishes,

Anton

Hi Jan,

I would definitely be interested in the sails if you still have them. I just recently bought the Mantua/Sergal Cutty Sark so this would be a welcome addition.
I am in the US so I would obviously pay you the shipping plus some extra for your efforts in helping out a fellow member!

Best wishes,

Anton
Hello Anton,

Official reply will be written to you one of these days. Returned from hospital only to-day. The sails will be yours.
Best regards,
Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for getting back to me.
Hope you’re okay and nothing too serious.

Best wishes,

Anton
Hello Anton,

Last Friday 7th October I prepared a strong envelop and addressed same to you as a normal letter. Weight is only 140 grams.
In due course I'll tell you more about myself and the building of my Cutty Sark, but at the moment I am still recovering from this cerebral infarct.

Hope that USA customs let my letter pass without problems.
Please keep me informed.

Best regards,
Jan

Hello Anton,

Last Friday 7th October I prepared a strong envelop and addressed same to you as a normal letter. Weight is only 140 grams.
In due course I'll tell you more about myself and the building of my Cutty Sark, but at the moment I am still recovering from this cerebral infarct.

Hope that USA customs let my letter pass without problems.
Please keep me informed.

Best regards,
Jan
Hi Jan,

Hope you’re doing better these days!
Just wanted to let you know that the sails arrived yesterday. Many thanks for sending. It may be a good few months before I get started on the CS though!
My Brixham Trawler is definitely starting to take shape. Starting to get the deck fittings installed.

Best wishes,

Anton

Hello Anton,

I am very glad that the sails arrived last week at yours without customs problems as I understood too late that it is not allowed to send 'merchandise' in letters. It should have been a pity as they were confiscated in the USA as I found this set of sails in an internet shipmodel shop for over 80 pound sterling. I am glad I could do you a pleasure!
Lovely that your trawler is taking shape. I suppose it is being built out of the Dikar kit. I like those fishermen from the English southcoast very much and also the French boats from Brittany. Once I have built the 'La Cancalaise'. I send you herewith a picture of this boat. In Cancale they have build a replica and she is still sailing. Once in 2000 she called at Amsterdam during 'Sail 2000' and I had the pleasure to have a drink with the crew. Herewith a photo of this replica as well.

I hope you will be able to show me your trawle, it realy interests me.

Best regards,
Jan

100_0561.JPG

174.jpg

Back