Prins Willem V.O.C 1651 from Corel.

I started the build a week ago.
And I want to share the advances with you.
It is my intention to build is to the plans of Corel in combination with the book of Herman Ketting.

This is how I start the build.
It is still dryfit and it isn't sanded yet.
20211103_204711.jpg20211103_204715.jpg20211103_204719.jpg

After that I glued everything in place.
And I placed the deck on top.20211104_131211.jpg20211104_140120.jpg20211104_232047.jpg20211104_233420.jpg
Yesterday and today I made the cannon holes in the stern.
20211107_233846.jpg20211107_234117.jpg20211107_234207.jpg20211108_001543.jpg20211108_030720.jpg20211108_130117.jpg

This is wat I did last week.
I wil try to frequently post some pictures.

It is great that you are posting your progress on SOS Dirk, and great to see another Prins Willem being built. :)

Now your planking is following the line (zeeg) of the deck nicely. Good recovery.

Please keep posting. Especially the pictures I have the Corel Prins Wllem and the instructions are horrible. At least with your guidance and pictures, I can attempt that project.

It was terrible to work under the deck.
This is a major foult in the drawings of Corel.
They 1st let you place the deck and do the planking. And later they ask to make 2 doors, some planks of 0.6mm x 3mm and a ornament under the deck.
This was a verry hard job to do and impossble for me to do it in a perfect shape.
This job can do much better before you place the 2nd deck and do the planking.
Shame on you, Corel.Cautious
I won't even want to place a picture of it.

But if the schip is finished I don't think you can see this parts anymore

Last edited:
Corel is not for the poes. :) (means difficult)
You need to study every step you take. Don't work to quick up. Always search and look if there are things that should be done first before you go on and can't reach the spot.
Succes

I know. But if corel made te plans in one line it can be just as difficult as it is now.
Now I'm working on drawings no. 2 but one step further jumps tot nr. 5 and 2 staps further tot drawing no. 1.
There is absolutely no order in the drawings. And the manual refers not to the drawings at all.
If I read the manual and it ses, use part 21 step one, that's on drawings no. 4 and part 23, that's has to be used in the same piece is explained in drawing no. 3.
You almost need to bee a professor to build it. A
I understand the people who started the build and never ended it.

I like a tough challenge and don't let me get discouraged so quickly.
it's a nice ship to build but it's a big pain in my *ss.
And yes .. I'm gonna finish is. In good or bad ways.
Next step.... to finishing the 1st layer op the the planking.

Happy building

Last edited:
Dirk - build a Kolderstok kit next time. :) But, seriously - I am holding thumbs that you will get it right.

Maybe put this build on hold and start with the other build. Till you get more experience for this one. Just an idea.
Maybe this is a help
I can't help you with the kit, I scratchbuild it. And there are no good build log to find. Maybe someone else could be a help for you.
There are a few things what I know that need some extra attention. And I know there are a few things that are a pain in the ass on this model. Because the scale is 1/100.
But I think that you take the advice of my signature and everything will be good.
Just take a picture of the problems so the members can help you, even the mistakes can be a help for you to post.

You can also ask @André de R.
he build this ship in scratch by the Corel drawings

@Steef66

The difficultly isn't the problem.
It's gonna be fine.. but the drawings are a compleet mess. You know that because you have the drawings yourself.

(Het gaat puur om de tekeningen Stephan.
Het is wel.duidelijk maar alls staat door elkaar.
Het schip zelf bouwen is het probleem niet)

Back