Professional Building Slip

Well, I decided that I would treat myself to the following. I have been on the fence about this device for over a year and finally my finger "accidentally" pressed the "order" button.
It's probably not perfect, but I am anxious to find out. The concept seems sound anyways.

buildingSlip.jpg

What brand and source, how much did it set you back?

You will have to let us know if its worth the shell-backs paid for it.
will do. i am waiting for the customs and stuff like that. I ordered it from the UK because it is on back order in the US and there is no one in Canada that sells this thing. It's called a Professional Building Slip, from Hobbyzone. I seriously got to stop buying stuff. It never ends...

Last edited:
Well, I decided that I would treat myself to the following. I have been on the fence about this device for over a year and finally my finger "accidentally" pressed the "order" button.
It's probably not perfect, but I am anxious to find out. The concept seems sound anyways.

View attachment 277198
"I seriously got to stop buying stuff. It never ends..."
I believe that's the definition of a Hobby

Jim

I have just bought one. Paid about £65 for it. I’m finishing up a 1/16 scale Sopwith Camel and moving house then I’ll give it a go.

View attachment 277198
I have one, it's a bit big for my workspace so in 5 years or so it's had almost no use. It works but it won't transform your life. For such jobs as planking I find it easier without the slip.

“The check’s in the mail” is another one :)

Don’t try this one either, it doesn’t work. A friend told his wife that every new model he got was a raffle prize he won.
That doesn't work if you don't have enough models in your home or workspace. Once you have 10 or more, the wife won't be able to keep track of them all. Then, all you have to say if she notices the newest one is "Oh, that? I traded one of my old models for it."

That doesn't work if you don't have enough models in your home or workspace. Once you have 10 or more, the wife won't be able to keep track of them all. Then, all you have to say if she notices the newest one is "Oh, that? I traded one of my old models for it."
I might use that one. lol

Back