Progreso del Revenge de Occre

Con mucho retraso pero avanzando. Finalmente coloque las decoraciones de papel. Me queda algún pequeño detalle del casco y empezaré con la cubierta. Nunca había utilizado decoraciones de papel, ¿alguien sabe si puedo aplicar un barniz al agua encima?. saludos desde España!

With a lot of delay but progressing. I finally placed the paper decorations. I have some small details left on the hull and I'll start with the deck. I have never used paper decorations before, does anyone know if I can apply a water based varnish on top of it? greetings from Spain!

IMG_20220207_084456.jpg

IMG_20220308_181725.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Con mucho retraso pero avanzando. Finalmente coloque las decoraciones de papel. Me queda algún pequeño detalle del casco y empezaré con la cubierta. Nunca había utilizado decoraciones de papel, ¿alguien sabe si puedo aplicar un barniz al agua encima?. saludos desde España!

With a lot of delay but progressing. I finally placed the paper decorations. I have some small details left on the hull and I'll start with the deck. I have never used paper decorations before, does anyone know if I can apply a water based varnish on top of it? greetings from Spain!

View attachment 299694

View attachment 299695
Good job, its hard to tell the difference with mine.
Regarding the varnish use some off cuts of the decorations and glue it to some scrap wood then do a test to see what looks/works best, this is what I did.

Buen trabajo, es difícil notar la diferencia con el mío.
Con respecto al barniz, use algunos recortes de las decoraciones y péguelos a un trozo de madera y luego haga una prueba para ver qué se ve/funciona mejor, esto es lo que hice.
Si, creo que es lo mejor. Hare lo que me recomiendas sobre el barniz. Ver tus progresos me ha servido mucho en mi trabajo. Me encanta como te está quedando.

Si, creo que es lo mejor. Hare lo que me recomiendas sobre el barniz. Ver tus progresos me ha servido mucho en mi trabajo. Me encanta como te está quedando.
That's great thank you, it's the reason I started my log even though I am nowhere near an expert I hoped it might help someone if they decide to build this ship.
You have almost caught up to me now, my ship is waiting for me to start the rigging so we might be able to help each other along the way.
Keep up the good work.

Great job looks good, now the rigging awaits and looking forward to see how it goes.

Looks very familiar! A nice tidy build. I am a bit ahead of you: progressing with the rigging. No major problems but one or two inconsistencies in the instructions.

Back