Quality ship parts

I posted this over in my build thread, but I figured I'd get a few more eyes on it over here. I know some forums frown upon double-posting... if that's the case, please forgive the newbie, just say something and I shant do it again.

I've got a couple of really crap parts in my kit, namely the wheel & the bell. The mold was definitely off on the wheel... this is more than just a "little flashing", and much more than I want to try & clean up on this tiny piece. Also, was a bit disappointed in getting a dimpled pot-metal bell instead of a brass one. I know they try and save money, but jeesh.

Anyway... looking for opinions on a reputable place to pick up some quality aftermarket parts. Thanks!

IMG_E1189.JPG

Shipping is cheaper than from US to Canada:

Great parts are where you find them. There is a list of favorite suppliers which I purchase from for a wide variety of parts. What specific parts are you looking for? I’ll tell you where I get the parts you list.

Some places to start include Craftsailor, Model Expo, HiSmodel, Dry-dock model parts, and several others.

Here's a quality brass bell, from model railroad parts: Bell

Back