Quersperre

Hello everyone! Thank you for your warm welcome!

My name is Samuel, and I am from Romania. I'm 25 years old, working as Automotive IT Engineer. I'm an ultra low level "modeller", my passion started just a few months ago when I started to build a sail ship from a chinese kit. I learned a lot working on it, step by step I bought some tools, got some experience,I'm having fun and I just love it. Since this model is almost finished, I'm thinking to start something like San Francisco II 1/90.

PS: Seeing all of your oustanding work here, it kinda makes me feel like "I'm in the wrong neighbourhood" ROTF

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum also from my side

When ever you need help and assistance do not hesitate to ask questions etc. in a topic - here are a lot of helpful and friendly modelers around, which will be happy to assist where ever and when ever necessary.
Related to your second model you want to start, I would went through the different building logs in the kits area, in order to see the different models as one additional resource of information - Important is, that you will have fun with your kit

I'm an ultra low level "modeller"
Welcome aboard SOS, Samuel! Here, in this forum, we don't grade modelers and their models. I really respect your decision to build ship models. Today, not that many youngsters willing to involve in any hobby. So...I am looking forward to seeing you first build log, and let me assure if you ever will need out help - just raise the voice!

Thank you all for your kind words!

Here's the progress with my Harvey 1847 so far:
harvey1.jpg
harvey2.jpg

Started like a newbie and trying to finish the best I can. I've tried to give it a weathered look, I don't really like it all shiny and glossy because it seems unnatural. The rigging also is giving me a hard time, the instructions with the kit are almost non-existent.

Anyway, I want to take a step further, so what model kits would you recommend for my next build?

Thank you all for your kind words!

Anyway, I want to take a step further, so what model kits would you recommend for my next build?

Your first model is looking very good - Really the first one? - especially if the manual and drawings were not so good - very well done
Only the rigging would need some additional work
But concentrate now on the next project:
I think most important is, that you should know which time period or type the ship should be - you should have an interest in the ship itself, with this it will make much more fun to build the model.
In principle I have the opinion, that beginners should built in bigger scales - with this you can concentrate more on the construction methods - but this is only my personal opinion

Your first model is looking very good - Really the first one? - especially if the manual and drawings were not so good - very well done
Only the rigging would need some additional work
Yes, it's the first one. But I must admit, for every step I was looking all around Youtube, Google and forums for hits and tricks, probably that's why it took me few months now, and many hours of work to come to this stage. With the kit I found only three A4 sheets with few drawings.

In principle I have the opinion, that beginners should built in bigger scales - with this you can concentrate more on the construction methods - but this is only my personal opinion
I don't have a workshop, mostly I'm working at my desk in the apartment, so the maximum size of the model would be ~60 cm. Based on size, complexity and resources available on the internet, I was thinking of San Francisco II, Golden Hind or The Mayflower (my heart whispers me to go for the spanish galleon).

Hello everyone! Thank you for your warm welcome!

My name is Samuel, and I am from Romania. I'm 25 years old, working as Automotive IT Engineer. I'm an ultra low level "modeller", my passion started just a few months ago when I started to build a sail ship from a chinese kit. I learned a lot working on it, step by step I bought some tools, got some experience,I'm having fun and I just love it. Since this model is almost finished, I'm thinking to start something like San Francisco II 1/90.

PS: Seeing all of your oustanding work here, it kinda makes me feel like "I'm in the wrong neighbourhood" ROTF
Hallo Samuel,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Birthday-Cake

Back