Question about HMS Enterprise Figure Head and Stern Carvings

Think these are from CAF, bit not 3d Printed but cnc milled in boxwood.

Yes, they are cnc milled, but I’m looking for a 3D file so I can resin print these. My thinking is that cnc milling requires a 3D file just like 3D printing does so I thought I’d ask. I’m building a 1/96 scale ship and I think that’s much too small for cnc milling.

Thanks!
George

... should it be ENTERPRIZE or ENTERPRISE :rolleyes: like the USS Enterprise (CVN 65) carrier ?

I am not 100% sure........

The NMM is writing

(like with the Syren or Siren)

wikipedia is writing:
The fifth HMS Enterprise (sometimes erroneously spelled Enterprize), 28 guns, was the name ship of a class of twenty-seven sixth-rate frigates of the Royal Navy.

Threedecks is also calling her
Enterprise and Enterprise-class

I think, that the correct spelling originally was with and "S", because the first HMS vessel which was christioned with this name was originally a french frigate called L'Entreprise. She was captured by HMS Tryton in May 1705.
After her capture by the British, the ship was re-christened HMS Enterprise and served in the Mediterranean Sea

although here Threedecks is mentioning, that the french frigate´s name was 'L'Entreprenante'

so I do not know......

Marshall was painting the paintings later and only based on drawings and not the real ship......

I could bet more likely "Enterprise" than "Enterprize" ... because for the (english) carpenter, he had only to unnail two letters and to invert them :) !

Back