Question with knot on a mast

MIR

I am very new to ship modeling so bear with me, still trying to learn the proper names etc for this stuff. Is there a video or a how to walkthrough on how to bind a mast. I think that the right way to say it......... it is the rope all up and down a mast in sections....... is there a particular kind of knot and way to do this without the ends showing?

Can you show us with a photo, what do you mean with "bind a mast" or "rope all up and down ....." ?
It is easier to understand with a photo or maybe a link to a photo to understand and to answer your question.....

As Karl shows in his diagram its easy to do with some practice.

For lashing of ropes together or for heavy whooling on the mast the process is similar.

Start with a loop near the end of a line, leaving enough lead to pull on later, then make wraps around the pole or ropes as needed to get size needed for task at hand, when done with wraps, run the loose end of rope or wrap thru the loop and then pull original lead to take end behind the wraps and secure the ropes.

When happy cut off the threads to make it look neat and clean.

I might suggest you buy a piece of dowel from hobby suppler and practice on it with something about same size as on the real model.

Thanks Karl...thats it..the whoolings.....I learned a new term today....... yes, that is what I am looking for...!!!!

Maybe this older topic is also of some interest

Uwek, that is a good link to a great discussion on how to do the complete wooldings, I have not seen the wood rings to protect them shown before.

I will have to see about adding these to my cross section mast as its still off the ship at this time.

I am very new to ship modeling so bear with me, still trying to learn the proper names etc for this stuff. Is there a video or a how to walkthrough on how to bind a mast. I think that the right way to say it......... it is the rope all up and down a mast in sections....... is there a particular kind of knot and way to do this without the ends showing?
Hallo @MIR
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back