Quick Intro

Hi all,
Glad I found such an active and informative forum. I will soon be embarking on my first and most likely only build. This is something that I've wanted to do for quite a while just as I'm soon most of you know, life gets in the way of things very easily. I've chosen my build, the Contructo USS Enterprise. Yes, I know, this is my first build and maybe not recommended by most to start with, but since this will most likely be my only build, I want to build something that I can do, be proud of and move on to another endeavor.

I'm sure that most will have ideas and suggestions as I work through this build, and I welcome all. I would like to keep this build as historically close as possible given the little information available on the actual construction, look and rigging of this ship. That being said I think that provides me a bit of artistic license to get things as close as possible and maybe guess on a couple things.

I should receive my kit in a couple days and then I should get a good understanding of what's needed to put together a small area to build (which would be a big area of my small one bedroom apt) and also tools that I'll need to make things easier. I've seen several people with awesome shops or workspaces to build but mine will be something more intimate, so figuring out tips and trick for building in a living area may take up as much time as the build itself. Let's just call this a "Coffee" Table Build.

In the tradition of this forum, I'll be keeping a build log with images and ideas as soon as I get started. This should be a fun project for me, and I can't wait to get started.

Welcome to the forums !
For construction information, I would recommend you get the Endeavor book in the "Anatomy of the Ship" series.
I'm sure there are others out there that others will point out, but there is a TON of information in the book I mentioned.
Just to make sure you find the correct one, the line below this is a link to one for sale so you can see what it looks like.
Anatomy of the Ship, Endeavor

Welcome to the forums !
For construction information, I would recommend you get the Endeavor book in the "Anatomy of the Ship" series.
I'm sure there are others out there that others will point out, but there is a TON of information in the book I mentioned.
Just to make sure you find the correct one, the line below this is a link to one for sale so you can see what it looks like.
Anatomy of the Ship, Endeavor

Thanks!! I'll keep that in my reference links. Would make a great addition.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome aboard, and please post a build log when your ship comes in.

Take time to look around at all the great build logs and subjects in the different areas listed on the home page.

You can use the search to see if anyone else has posted a build log or comments for your ship.

Back