Ragusian Carrack XVI c (MarisStella) - Scale 1:59 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Great videos, as always, Olha. But can I ask where you located information on how to rig the bowsprit? I am about to start this kit, and see nowhere in the instructions or the drawings where all this detail and rigging is shown. Especially in the areas like this:
257-bowsprit-jpg.310798

Great videos, as always, Olha. But can I ask where you located information on how to rig the bowsprit? I am about to start this kit, and see nowhere in the instructions or the drawings where all this detail and rigging is shown. Especially in the areas like this:
257-bowsprit-jpg.310798
I did not change this part - I did everything as in the drawings in the kit. In the kit, they simply suggest gluing the rope to the bowsprit. Logically, in reality, no one glued anything, so I just installed wooden stops (cleats) in this place... For inspiration, I use ice: The Rigging of Ships in the days of the Spritsail Topmast by R. C. Anderson...

I did not change this part - I did everything as in the drawings in the kit. In the kit, they simply suggest gluing the rope to the bowsprit. Logically, in reality, no one glued anything, so I just installed wooden stops (cleats) in this place... For inspiration, I use ice: The Rigging of Ships in the days of the Spritsail Topmast by R. C. Anderson...
Thank you so much for getting back to me. That's kind of what I figured. Your experience in building other models, as well as your research and research materials, told you what needed to be done, making your instructions, photos and videos just that much more beneficial to me as a novice. Thank God for your posts!

Another difference I notice is that the plans actually show the bowsprit not mounted on center, but offset so that it runs beside the foremast (shown below).
1675535242101.png1675535273424.png
While construction-and strength-wise that makes sense, it would look funny, not be centered over the figurehead and support for it. I'm sure I'll keep it centered like you and every other one I've seen has been done.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for getting back to me. That's kind of what I figured. Your experience in building other models, as well as your research and research materials, told you what needed to be done, making your instructions, photos and videos just that much more beneficial to me as a novice. Thank God for your posts!

Another difference I notice is that the plans actually show the bowsprit not mounted on center, but offset so that it runs beside the foremast (shown below).
View attachment 355543View attachment 355545
While construction-and strength-wise that makes sense, it would look funny, not be centered over the figurehead and support for it. I'm sure I'll keep it centered like you and every other one I've seen has been done.

Thanks again!
In general, your plans are more accurate. I the manufacturer made an update of the kit to bring the model closer to a more historical authenticity...
010-drawings copy.jpg

Back