Ragusian Carrack XVI c (MarisStella) - Scale 1:59 [COMPLETED BUILD]

OVERVIEW
KIT: RAGUSIAN CARRACK
Manufacturer: MarisStella (Croatia)
Scale: 1:59 (775 mm/30,5")
Single plank-on-bulkhead hull.

All visible elements are made of solid walnut wood (laser cut). The bulkheads are of plywood. Detailed instructions with pictures and drawings. Fabric for the sails is ready-dyed and pre-stitched...

Great Unboxing.
Thanks

This kit was provided for my YouTube channel as sponsorship from one of the channel members who wished to remain anonymous. I was offered a choice between two fairly well-established manufacturers. My attention was drawn to the Carrack model, because this is my passion: ships from Columbus’ time ...
Dear Olha, alias @shipphotographer.com
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your special day
Birthday-Cake

MarisStella, a manufacturer of ship kits, impressed me so much that I just can't keep quiet!

A small batch of boxes with a laser failure hit the stores - it was quickly removed from the shelves, and those who managed to buy kits were replaced with new ones at their own expense. But another thing suprised me - I started assembling without any complaints to the manufacturer - used to correct all the mistakes myself! Because usually other manufacturers do not admit their mistakes and accuse you of not following the instructions, etc ...

In my case, MarisStella was looking for the last defective kit to replace it. And since I have already started to work and spent a lot of time to correct the defect - they sent me the details of the "upgrated kit" - a good quality photo-etching parts. So I shoot this separate video to show the true quality of their kits.

I will share with you a secret: The manufacturer replaced all equipment after a previous failure. Now the new laser can be better controlled for quality. Talking to a representative fo MarisStella, I got the information that they have now planned to release a bunch of new interesting projects. New kits in my favorite scale 1:48. And the option to choose a kit on bulkheads or on frames with an interior...

Last edited:
Back