Ragusian Carrack XVI c (MarisStella) - Scale 1:59 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I have found a good method of using Brass Black for small parts, especially small quantities, is to put the Brass Black in a clear zip-lock bag, and then add the parts. The fluid can be "squished" around to cover all parts with a minimum of fluid, then can be removed and rinsed with tweezers separately, zipping the bag back up for later use on other parts. This worked really well for me.

Olha, were not the supports above and below the channels included with the kit? That is a concern of mine, in a lot of your videos, as I have neither a Byrnes or other table saw, nor a fret/jig saw.
In the kit you have to glue 5x5 mm planks and then just sand the right shape (same method I used on the bow in issue #11). But as I wrote above, if I decided to add dark walnut, so I cut my knees out of solid boards...

Last edited:
In the kit you have to glue 5x5 mm planks and then just sand the right shape (same method I used on the bow in issue #11). But as I wrote above, if I decided to add dark walnut, so I cut my knees out of solid boards...
O Kay (can't spell it normally without giving the hand sign), thank you.
I notice that the waterline, which you made a jig to use a pencil to mark, is perfectly level, except it sweeps up toward the front of the ship. I'm sure it's not an optical illusion. It looks great, and I'm sure it was intentional. Is that something that was normally done on these types of more rounded ships? I haven't noticed it on larger ships such as the HMS Victory.

Last edited:
O Kay (can't spell it normally without giving the hand sign), thank you.
I notice that the waterline, which you made a jig to use a pencil to mark, is perfectly level, except it sweeps up toward the front of the ship. I'm sure it's not an optical illusion. It looks great, and I'm sure it was intentional. Is that something that was normally done on these types of more rounded ships? I haven't noticed it on larger ships such as the HMS Victory.
Yes, the bottom painting line rises to the bow and stern. It's more of a kit design! The drawing also shows a waterline...

Fantastic! I didn't know if you were going to continue with the model or not. I'd never seen a mast used in the videos so didn't know if you had fit them roughly to provide the right angle and all. And surprising to me, the model looks so "finished" without even the masts, let alone the spars, rigging and sails.

I've ordered my own model of this ship, I am so impressed with your model. I don't even hope it will approach your model, but with your excellent videos I think I will be able to get through it.

My figurehead looked like my horse.
Apparently I miss him very much - I haven't seen my golden-chestnut partner for almost two years! ..
Do you think the figurehead in the kit is a horse? Or possibly a sea horse? The new kit includes a resin one, but it doesn't have the long, swept ears/horns/whatevers that this one has.

Back