Ragusian Carrack XVI c (MarisStella) - Scale 1:59 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Olha
You are a true inspiration, I already follow you on youtube, and today I found you in SOS.
Your skills keep me mesmerized.
Given the fact that my son volunteered to add a small motor to have a wheel-tiller-rudder working, so there will be electricity, looking at your videos on the lights installation on the Russian Carrak, well, I think my build will have also some lights.
Will follow you here also.
You are amazing.
PS. We think that your name is pronounced Olna, can you clarify the pronunciation?

Hello Olha
You are a true inspiration, I already follow you on youtube, and today I found you in SOS.
Your skills keep me mesmerized.
Given the fact that my son volunteered to add a small motor to have a wheel-tiller-rudder working, so there will be electricity, looking at your videos on the lights installation on the Russian Carrak, well, I think my build will have also some lights.
Will follow you here also.
You are amazing.
PS. We think that your name is pronounced Olna, can you clarify the pronunciation?
Thank you for your kind words!
I am very pleased that my work inspires people to create something with their own hands.

In general, my name comes from the Scandinavian name Helga. And the previous transliteration into English was Ol'ga (Ольга) and short Olya(Оля). But according to the latest rules, my name became Olha. Although the pronunciation there is no letter H at all.
My name has become a nightmare for English speakers - that's why I take the nickname Elena. My grandmother used the name OLENA(Олена) as a full version of my name, and this name just translates into English without any problems as Elena.
P.S. I have already collected a gigantic collection of different versions of my name! )))

@shipphotographer.com Привет Оля,

Пожалуйста разреши дилемму, Для имитации гвоздей ты используешь замазку (а не шпатлёвку), Но замазка не высыхает до степени твердости шпатлевки и всегда остается мягкой? А когда она усыхает (со временем) она не держится в щелях, и выпадает? Как ведет себя замазка с маслом?

English translation

Hi Olya, Please solve the dilemma, To simulate treenails you use putty (not the filler), But the putty does not dry to the degree of hardness of the filler and always remains soft? And when it dries up finally (over time), does it not stick to the cracks\holes, and fall out? How does a putty behave with the oils?

The main differences between Wood Filler vs Wood Putty are: Wood filler is usually water-based, whereas wood putty is most often oil-based. Wood filler can be sanded and is typically used for unfinished wood, whereas wood putty cannot be sanded and is ideal for finished wood.
That's why I scrape my hull instead of sanding. And after full completion I will cover all ship with tung oil forming a thin layer on a surface. All my samples still stick and do not fall apart...

Very Interesting way
With the use of the putty you are also immitating the caulking between the planks - and partly it is staying also inside the grain of the timber.
Somehow slightly you are getting this "weathered" look - on your model it is looking very good

Back