Ragusian Carrack XVI c (MarisStella) - Scale 1:59 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Epoxy is a great adhesive when used appropriately. So far I haven't had a need for it in building model ships, but I did use it extensively on my RC models in the past. I prefer it over CA glues, but that's just a personal preference.

I'm finally back from my three-month trip and now I'll continue working on the model! But I came back with a kitten, which turned out to be very interested in modeling))) So he assisted me in installing the SHROUDS and RATLINES...

View attachment 334308View attachment 334310View attachment 334311View attachment 334312View attachment 334314View attachment 334316View attachment 334317View attachment 334318View attachment 334322View attachment 334323View attachment 334329View attachment 334330View attachment 334331View attachment 334332
If that's only a kitten in Ukraine, how big are your cats? Redface

OLHA YOUR MODEL ISW FANTASTIC AND SO IS YOUR ASSWISTANT WHAT IS HISWN NAME I THINK WE ARE GOING TO SEE A LOT OF HIM. JUST LOVE HIM TO PIECES. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Very good work on your rigging - very accurate and precisely done!!!
and good rope "material" - Bravo

BTW: Your cat has a real Tiger-face! WOW

View attachment 335108 View attachment 335109

definitely a lot of wild-cat still "in" her -> I love her
And this is still a kitten - I can't even imagine what kind of tiger it will grow up to be! ))) He is now 8 months old and weighs 14 pounds. His name is Imbyr, which means ginger in English, but it is a boy's name in Ukraine...
8C7A4050.jpg

And this is still a kitten - I can't even imagine what kind of tiger it will grow up to be! ))) He is now 8 months old and weighs 14 pounds. His name is Imbyr, which means ginger in English, but it is a boy's name in Ukraine...
View attachment 338920
A beautiful kitty. If I'm not mistaken, based on the size of 14 pounds at 8 months, as well as the look, I'm thinking that's what we call a Maine Coon cat. Is that the case?

We have two Rag Doll cats:
Tobi-Wan Kenobi (Toby) a Mitted Lynx Seal Point Rag Doll: and Chantilly Lace (Tilly) a Seal Point Bi-Color Rag Doll:
1667788470131.png1667788542212.png

Although Tilly is usually quite a mess and a more common pose for her is:
1667788592870.png

Really enjoying the Carrack series pics and videos! I'm still hard pressed to decide between it, which I have, and Pavel's future 1/64 San Barolome!

A beautiful kitty. If I'm not mistaken, based on the size of 14 pounds at 8 months, as well as the look, I'm thinking that's what we call a Maine Coon cat. Is that the case?

We have two Rag Doll cats:
Tobi-Wan Kenobi (Toby) a Mitted Lynx Seal Point Rag Doll: and Chantilly Lace (Tilly) a Seal Point Bi-Color Rag Doll:
View attachment 339086View attachment 339087

Although Tilly is usually quite a mess and a more common pose for her is:
View attachment 339089

Really enjoying the Carrack series pics and videos! I'm still hard pressed to decide between it, which I have, and Pavel's future 1/64 San Barolome!
You have beautiful cats! I also began to think that maybe I should get another cat too, so that the two of them would have more fun. Because mine haunts me even in the shower - sits in a corner and doesn't even run away from splashes of water...
Yes, this is a Maine Coon - I brought him to the USA from the city Dnipro, where the owners of the catterys, frightened in panic, left the cats during the evacuation in the first days of the war. And only one brave woman decided to save the breed. She took all the kittens and cats into her cattery and found a home for each one. And this was in the first month of the war, when there was not enough food even for people. I took Imbyr to Kyiv and in three months I also made him documents so that we could travel together. I wouldn't say that he was starving, but it was obvious that he wasn't getting enough. The 3-month-old kitten ate 1 kg (2,2 lbs) of meat per day, but after a week he realized that I fed him enough and reduced his appetite a little... I was in Kyiv during the calmest phase of the war, if I can call it that, my cat and I left before the start of the war offensive of the Ukrainian army.
3 days of travel and this kitten has not meowed any single time. And on the bus to Warsaw (20 hours), half of the passengers wanted to take a selfie with him)))) This is the most patient kitten I have ever seen.

Last edited:
OH I JUST LOVE THE STORY OLHA, I I LOVE THE CATS AND THE PERSON WHO SAVED THEM, THAT IS HUMANITY AT ITS BEST. AND THE BEST OF UKRAINE YOU AND YOURS ARE MY HEROS EVEN AT 841/2 WE CAN HAVE HEROS. THE UKRAINIAN PEOPLE ARE MINE. GIVE THE BASTARDS HELL, AND SEND THEM THERE USE THE CANNON FODDER FOR FERTILIZER, YOU ARE FIGHTING OUR WAR, MAY GOD AND HIS SONE PROTECT YOU. I WILL POST A PICTURE OF MY CAT MOSES IS HIS NAME, HE JUST GOT PUT ON A DIET HE IS TO FAT, HE IS THE MOST AFFECTIONATE CAT WE HAVE EVER HAD, HE IS LOVED HERE AT THE ASSISTED LIVING BY ALL HE IS 5 YEARS OLD AND SO, SO SMART. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Back