RCMP St. Roch Billing Boats BB605 1:72 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi All,
After having couple speed build videos completed on my YouTube channel, I got my first sponsored model kit, the BB605 RCMP St.Roch 1:72 scale from Billing Boats.
This was an advanced beginner kit and should be very straightforward. The plan was good but the instructions could be better. The kit was well packaged and so far I did NOT see anything missing.

I will keep the build log coming and as usual to film the entire build process and upload to YouTube after done. Hopefully, my build log and final video can provide some help to anyone who likes to build the legendary boat model.

Thank you and good luck building!

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

This looks like an interesting video project for a St. Roch build, which will undoubtedly help others Edward.

I completed a build of this model about two years ago and had an enormous amount of fun. There are also some other modellers on this site who have also completed their models or are presently under construction.

I used a lot of photos during my build and undertook some historical research to try to go a little beyond the basic Billing kit. One of the things I wished I’d had access to was the vessel herself. I see you are in Vancouver where, as you undoubtedly know, the actual St. Roch is proudly berthed in the maritime museum. I think the idea of videos as you progress with your construction is a great idea. If I might throw out a suggestion a video of the ship, especially close-ups of key areas, would also be of enormous help to those interested in the St. Roch as their builds progress.

I wish you the best with your video productions and will follow your log with great interest.

This looks like an interesting video project for a St. Roch build, which will undoubtedly help others Edward.

I completed a build of this model about two years ago and had an enormous amount of fun. There are also some other modellers on this site who have also completed their models or are presently under construction.

I used a lot of photos during my build and undertook some historical research to try to go a little beyond the basic Billing kit. One of the things I wished I’d had access to was the vessel herself. I see you are in Vancouver where, as you undoubtedly know, the actual St. Roch is proudly berthed in the maritime museum. I think the idea of videos as you progress with your construction is a great idea. If I might throw out a suggestion a video of the ship, especially close-ups of key areas, would also be of enormous help to those interested in the St. Roch as their builds progress.

I wish you the best with your video productions and will follow your log with great interest.
Thank you, Roger.
YES, you have revealed my plan.
I am going to pay a visit to the Vancouver Maritime Museum to film the real boat too. I have been to VMM for few times but realized that I NEVER took any closeup photos of the boat. The photos below were taken when I was there number years ago. I will take some good ones and film a video this time.

IMG_5953.JPG

IMG_5794.JPG

IMG_5879.JPG

IMG_5850.JPG

Hi all,
I am making some progress on my St.Roch build. Certainly it is doubled the work with filming and building at the same time, but I think the final video will be good.
I think I just developed a new hobby while I was enjoying another.

I also paid a visit to the Vancouver Maritime Museum and took some pictures of the real boat last Friday.
RCMP St. Roch was very famous boat back in the 60s and 70s, unfortunately, only few people were there the day I visited. Maybe some new technology could be used or involved to attract more people to the museum.

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

Some great progress Edward with some useful photos. I’m looking forward to seeing your videos.
Thank you, Roger. I will make a speed build video about 12-15mins to include unboxing the billings kit, entire building process, VMM St.Roch video and finished model.

You can watch my build videos at:

Hopefully you will enjoyed the videos.

Finished photos look good, but from a old photographers standpoint you might look for light grey or medium grey or blue background.

Several photos you have rigging and blocks hanging in mid air, as the black lines going to them disappear in the background.

Great looking model for a fast build. I look forward to watching on YouTube.

Finished photos look good, but from a old photographers standpoint you might look for light grey or medium grey or blue background.

Several photos you have rigging and blocks hanging in mid air, as the black lines going to them disappear in the background.

Great looking model for a fast build. I look forward to watching on YouTube.
Thank you and Good catch, Kurt. You are right, the lightings will be my next big investment. I used halogen work lights so the white balance was way off as well as it was too harsh.
I will fix them once I have approval from my boss at home, lol. Please stay tuned.

Hi Edward, I really enjoyed looking at your video and the accompanying photos. The St. Roch seems to be quite a popular build, especially for Canadian members of SOS. Showing your build and also the museum photos will no doubt help others interested in this famous little ship. It is one of those models that can be built out of the box or greatly enhanced with lots of extras.

Hi Edward, I really enjoyed looking at your video and the accompanying photos. The St. Roch seems to be quite a popular build, especially for Canadian members of SOS. Showing your build and also the museum photos will no doubt help others interested in this famous little ship. It is one of those models that can be built out of the box or greatly enhanced with lots of extras.
Thank you, Roger. Glad you liked the video.

Congratulations for finishing this very attractive model
and an interesting vessel in addition
Bravo - well done Thumbsup

I will be adding this to the Gallery, and a little photo editing can bring out some of the rigging that can not be seen. and actually, there are several modelers that prefer a black background. For instance, Olha of the ship modelers' photography always uses a black background.

Last edited:
I will be adding this to the Gallery, and a little photo editing can bring out some of the rigging that can not be seen. and actually, there are several modelers that prefer a black background. For instance, Olha of the ship modelers' photography always uses a black background.

Thank you, Donnie!

Back