Reale De France - Corel - 1:60

It is the Corel model SM25 for the complete kit
If you by only the drawing it is DM25 the accessory is SA25 and the decoration is SD25
It is a expert level kit and huge and yes it is 1:60
IMG_3899.JPG
As it is in my reserve to build for my younger son I am particularly interested to follow you Igor

It is the Corel model SM25 for the complete kit
If you by only the drawing it is DM25 the accessory is SA25 and the decoration is SD25
It is a expert level kit and huge and yes it is 1:60
View attachment 125636
As it is in my reserve to build for my younger son I am particularly interested to follow you Igor
I will try to show everything colorfully. While I am slowly sorting out the drawings, preparing the slipway, celebrating Christmas!

It is true Orthodox Christmas and New Year are a few days after us
I know well my lady is Polish/Ukrainian and Orthodox so I celebrate 2 times:D:D:D
So Merry Christmas for you and your family Igor
Thank you for your congratulations! We also wish you happy new year and Christmas! You still have to have one more holiday-the Old New Year. Wordplay but it is also celebrated by Orthodox Slavs.))) Good luck!

Igor in builds I have seen of this kit,a decent jig is essential.Firstly when joining the three keel sections together to ensure they are straight and that the slots are aligned 90 degrees to one another.
Then to ensure the main hull remains straight whilst the first few planks go on.
Then to ensure symmetry when the outrigger bulkheads are fitted otherwise the sheer can be off along the outside of the widest part of the hull.
Obviously the jig will require modification as you go through these important stages,it is vital that everything is correct to the plan as you progress otherwise you could have big problems later.
I don't want to frighten you,merely point out the direction you need to be heading in.This is not an easy an easy kit to build and I know you realise that.You are right to spend time in thought,many fixtures will be needed that aren't provided in the kit.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Igor in builds I have seen of this kit,a decent jig is essential.Firstly when joining the three keel sections together to ensure they are straight and that the slots are aligned 90 degrees to one another.
Then to ensure the main hull remains straight whilst the first few planks go on.
Then to ensure symmetry when the outrigger bulkheads are fitted otherwise the sheer can be off along the outside of the widest part of the hull.
Obviously the jig will require modification as you go through these important stages,it is vital that everything is correct to the plan as you progress otherwise you could have big problems later.
I don't want to frighten you,merely point out the direction you need to be heading in.This is not an easy an easy kit to build and I know you realise that.You are right to spend time in thought,many fixtures will be needed that aren't provided in the kit.

Kind Regards

Nigel
Nigel. Thanks for the warning. I have already realized that the problem of building the ship's keel is. I think how to dock everything in advance without gluing. While I see problems with the Assembly parts of the keel and installation of frames. I do not undermine anything, I observe and think.Thank you for support.
Kind Regards
Igor
P.S. Unfortunately, I did not find interesting, detailed posts on this model on the Internet.

Igor,I think the build log was by "Bender" on MSW that showed the jig.The important bit's were posted before the big crash of that site.I do not know if the log has been reinstated as I no longer am a member on that site.If it helps I can do a sketch for the jig when you get to the stage of fitting the outriggers to the deck.That is way in to the build.If I remember correctly,he also replaced all the precut ply outriggers with ones he cut in solid timber.That is a mountain of work in it's own right.

Kind Regards

Nigel

I will try and do you a sketch from what I remember Igor.It consists of posts that position the outer rails in fresh air in relation to the hull in plan and sheer.The outriggers are then positioned on the deck and outer rail at the same time.I have seen an example where this procedure wasn't followed and the ends of the outriggers were up and down ruining the model.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Thanks! I Will Be Grateful!
I will try and do you a sketch from what I remember Igor.It consists of posts that position the outer rails in fresh air in relation to the hull in plan and sheer.The outriggers are then positioned on the deck and outer rail at the same time.I have seen an example where this procedure wasn't followed and the ends of the outriggers were up and down ruining the model.

Kind Regards

Nigel
Thanks! I Will Be Grateful!

Just my few cents, not even related to the build as in principle... I feel joy with such conversations, were one modeler offer to help even this will require some of his time. Technically, he can use that time toward his personal build... but..
Sorry Igor for hijacking your build log, I just cannot be quite. Many, many thanks to Nigel (personally and from all of us) for being such a dedicated helper. This is not the only example, where Nigel offered scetch, explanation and\or just a bit of advice...This is just awesome!!!!! No wonder our forum becomes popular, because of memebrs like you, Nigel!!!

Back