Request help identifying the type of tree

Hello dear friends
I usually do sporty walks in the streets of my city, and from time to time people put pieces of wood and furniture so that people can take for reuse.
I focus on trying to find objects that can be reused for the benefit of building wooden models. In my country unlike in Europe and the United States there is a difficulty in locating Swiss pear wood boxwood and the like. In addition I also do this for the sake of sustainability. So what am I asking of you friends, to help me identify the wooden snake from which we built the beautiful chair I found a term for delivery.
thanks shota :)
20211107_165436.jpg20211107_165411.jpg20211107_165408.jpg20211107_165358.jpg

Hello dear friends
I usually do sporty walks in the streets of my city, and from time to time people put pieces of wood and furniture so that people can take for reuse.
I focus on trying to find objects that can be reused for the benefit of building wooden models. In my country unlike in Europe and the United States there is a difficulty in locating Swiss pear wood boxwood and the like. In addition I also do this for the sake of sustainability. So what am I asking of you friends, to help me identify the wooden snake from which we built the beautiful chair I found a term for delivery.
thanks shota :)
View attachment 268207View attachment 268208View attachment 268209View attachment 268210
Maple

my first guess in Beech second guess is Maple
i would need a clean focused image to really see the grain, your first image looks like Beech i think i can see the short streaks
however Beech is a northern tree and i do not think it grows in your area

go here

you can zoom way in and if the wood has tiny short streaks it's beech

Last edited:
Dear friends, thanks for the initial and quick reply, I will try to send more pictures in the coming hours. Is beech wood suitable for our needs?

Dear friends, thanks for the initial and quick reply, I will try to send more pictures in the coming hours. Is beech wood suitable for our needs?
Absolutely!! You build frames...beech holds the edge. It is considered as 'hard' wood. The only drawback - is grain. I am sure Dave @Dave Stevens (Lumberyard) will give more details

Unfortunately the chair was taken on another person, I planned to pick it up at the end of the walk and upon receipt of your reference. Everything is fine, probably it is not meant for me and next time I will take and store until the type of wood is identified:cool:

I'm no expert either, but with the spotting in the grain, it doesn't look like maple to me. I was going to say birch. My Dad used to bring home birch and maple scraps by the truckload from the nearby furniture mill.

Last edited:
Hello dear friends
I am asking for your help in despising the wood from which the chair is made, I am on a trip to the flea market in Jaffa and came across a pair of chairs that I estimate are from boxwood, do I estimate correctly? Attaches photos
20220414_102836.jpg20220414_102618.jpg20220414_102610.jpg20220414_102605.jpg20220414_102541.jpg20220414_102533.jpg

do I estimate correctly?
sorry I don't think so. Because boxwood is never used to make chairs. Looks to me like beech.

If you're looking for boxwood on a flea market, you have to look for old chalk board rulers, our just old rulers of wood. In those days these where made of boxwood because of the properties of boxwood. Boxwood you can also find in little old statues or little wooden parts. The grain is not good visible and the colour is a little yellow/white. Boxwood is also very hard, dense and you can't put your finger nail in it when properly dried.

Back