Revell 1\350 Bismarck

It's a nice model you've built, what scale is it? I want to think it's a little bigger than my Tirpitz when I see the crew on your model.

Very nice build. Can you tell me what is the purpose of the white sections along the waterline? I know some ships were painted with a false bow wave in order to try and deceive submarines regarding their actual speed, but yours don't give that impression; just curious. Cheers.

Very nice build. Can you tell me what is the purpose of the white sections along the waterline? I know some ships were painted with a false bow wave in order to try and deceive submarines regarding their actual speed, but yours don't give that impression; just curious. Cheers.
I couldn't really say on the white areas as I am not quite the expert but probably could have been a false bow wave.

Hi peterairfix,
The idea of the false bow wave was to give the impression of a smaller vessel from a distance ie: from a distance thro bios you would see what you thought was a cruiser turns out to be a bloody great battleship instead !

Back