Revell bounty

Hello to all

This is my first post on the page and i hope everyone will enjoy.

I have been a modelerall of my life, but havent built a sailling ship sense my young teen years. One of my favorites is thr HMS Bounty. I remember at the age of 9 i was able to go on the Bounty when it was in tampa fl. I have loved the ship ever sense.

I have been studying models of thr bounty for a while and have chosen the revell kit. for its age i think it captures the shape very well. the details are a little crude so i have dicided to try to make the model look better. first the deck really needs help so decided to sand it smooth and start over. i thought about scribing the deck planks or glue very thin vaneer strips to make the planks. but one day at the local hobby shop i found some (Evergreen) siding sheets that were perfect. so i have glued it down on the old deck. I think it looke really good

20230115_084816.jpg

Good day,
So far so good! Your idea to use (Evergreen) siding sheets works great! What is the Evergreen p/n of this strips?
All The Best!
Kirill

Plastic card comes in sheets of varying thicknesses. It's easy to cut plank strips to your hearts delight.

Hello to all

This is my first post on the page and i hope everyone will enjoy.

I have been a modelerall of my life, but havent built a sailling ship sense my young teen years. One of my favorites is thr HMS Bounty. I remember at the age of 9 i was able to go on the Bounty when it was in tampa fl. I have loved the ship ever sense.

I have been studying models of thr bounty for a while and have chosen the revell kit. for its age i think it captures the shape very well. the details are a little crude so i have dicided to try to make the model look better. first the deck really needs help so decided to sand it smooth and start over. i thought about scribing the deck planks or glue very thin vaneer strips to make the planks. but one day at the local hobby shop i found some (Evergreen) siding sheets that were perfect. so i have glued it down on the old deck. I think it looke really good
Hallo @slong
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back