Revell Queen Mary

Wanted.jpg
Hi everyone. Not a 'For Sale' as such, but a 'Kit Wanted' call out.
In my youth I build the Revell RMS Queen Mary kit after seeing The Poseidon Adventure. Having now visited the Queen in Long Beach a couple of times, I'd love to find this kit again.
Revell Queen Mary.jpg
Should anyone have the 1/570 kit in their stash, and you're willing to part with it, please drop me a line. It's near impossible to find in retail at this point in time.

Many thanks,
Steve

Here's one currently on eBay, but shipping to you will be expensive.
Thanks for that. Appreciated. However, the cost of shipping to AUS is around USD$60, so sort of blows it out of my budget. :( Kit looked a bit banged up too, but I guess not unusual given the vintage.

I have looked on occasion for a copy. May have to contact the seller. Had an aunt who sailed on her last voyage around the world. Her husband had been the Mary’s purser in the 50s. Never got around to asking the pertinent questions. She lived in Long Beach and used to occasionally visit the ship and I have the feeling the staff took care of her. Aunt Charlotte passed in 1977, a while ago. I do miss her.

I have looked on occasion for a copy. May have to contact the seller. Had an aunt who sailed on her last voyage around the world. Her husband had been the Mary’s purser in the 50s. Never got around to asking the pertinent questions. She lived in Long Beach and used to occasionally visit the ship and I have the feeling the staff took care of her. Aunt Charlotte passed in 1977, a while ago. I do miss her.
Hi, and thanks for telling me about your Aunt. That must have been an amazing experience, sailing on that final voyeage.

I stayed onboard a couple of nights back in the mid-90's while visiting LA, and just loved the experience. I remain hopeful the ongoing restoration of the ship, and her re-opening to the public again, may prompt Revell or another company release an updated kit. We'll see. I do recall one of the gift shops on board having the model for sale, but it was still in circulation back then.

Back