Revell Quick-Build Spanish Galleon

Hello,

I am modifying the Revell Quick-Build Spanish Galleon to my taste (no historical accuracy concern). Before working on the middle area, I would like to know what these things are. My knowledge of Naval Architecture is something from non-existence to not-enough. You would help me a lot if you can tell me what they are so I can reproduce them over the new surface. Thank you very much.

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5688_b.jpg

Hello,

I am modifying the Revell Quick-Build Spanish Galleon to my taste (no historical accuracy concern). Before working on the middle area, I would like to know what these things are. My knowledge of Naval Architecture is something from non-existence to not-enough. You would help me a lot if you can tell me what they are so I can reproduce them over the new surface. Thank you very much.

View attachment 460970

View attachment 460971
Hi Perigono,

I think those are 'molded' parts (placeholders) for chainplates.

1721840247910.png

Hello,

View attachment 460970

View attachment 460971
There are several good books concerning Spanish Galleons, although each laments the overall lack of research of individual ships. One of my favorites is the Osprey Publishers book called Spanish Galleons. It is a small book of less than 100 pages, but it is a solid quick reference. Also, I believe that Jimsky is correct. Good Luck!

Bill

There are several good books concerning Spanish Galleons, although each laments the overall lack of research of individual ships. One of my favorites is the Osprey Publishers book called Spanish Galleons. It is a small book of less than 100 pages, but it is a solid quick reference. Also, I believe that Jimsky is correct. Good Luck!

Bill
Thank you, Bill.

There’s a Spanish treasure galleon’s worth of information on Kirrill’s Imai modification project. Hands-down, one of the best and most inventive plastic builds on the forum:

There’s a Spanish treasure galleon’s worth of information on Kirrill’s Imai modification project. Hands-down, one of the best and most inventive plastic builds on the forum:

Kirill's work is exceptional; it is as good as yours!

Bill

Bill,

I think I do not deserve your kind words, at least, not yet but thank you very much. Since you wish that, I will be posting here my progress although it may seem slow and modest compared with the activity and skills of you all.
Pablo.

Pablo,

Remember that it is your model that you are building for your enjoyment. Take all the time that you need. Experiment and redo your efforts if you don't like the results. I guarantee that many of us will encourage your efforts!

Bill

Back