REVELL's 1/72 - PT 588

Hello, this is my first post in the forum. I want to introduce my model made early this year. It is the REVELL's PT 588 in scale 1/72. I have used additionally some Master Model turned barrels, an EDUARD PE set and have made some scratch. I have used Tamiya paints to finish the model. I hope you will enjoy It.

1a.jpg2a.jpg3a.jpg4a.jpg5a.jpg6a.jpg7a.jpg8a.jpg9a.jpg10a.jpg11a.jpg12a.jpg13a.jpg14a.jpg15a.jpg16a.jpg17a.jpg18a.jpg19a.jpg

Congratulations for this very good model.
and sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum - a really nice introduction
Are you working now on an actual project?

Hi Uwek. Thank you for your warm words. If you like it I can introduce some more models I made in previous years.
The following photos are the answer to your question about my actual projects.
Tamiya's 1/700 IJN Musashi
Dragon's 1/350 USS Buchanan
Zvezda's 1/350 DKM Diether von Roeder (Z-17)
Dragon's 1/700 USS Arleigh Burke
Hobby Booss's 1/1250 USS Kidd

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW - that is a beauty - such fine detail and very lifelike. I would of course like to add this to the gallery.

Very nice work Edmund, really good and clean job, gifted work with the paint .. hope to see another of your works soon
Hugo

Very nice looking highly detail PT boat.

What class of PT does this represent, I am used to seeing ELCO PTs which look much different on top side from this.

I have seen photos of the torpedo's mounted without tubes to launch them but never understood how the method shown in your model worked.

I am very glad you liked my PT. Thank you for admiring.

Darius, I like to paint my models in Naviga style. I am used to colour them with Tamiya spray paints. I like making PT boats and I still have three to build: two German and a British one.

Donnie, it would be a great honour to have my model in the gallery.

Hugo, I will try to show some more works soon.

Kkonrath, it is a model of a late type ELCO’s 80 feet Motor Patrol Torpedo Boat. To launch the type 13 torpedo pulling of a vertical lever is needed. This releases the blockade and the torpedo slides off into the water and starts going to meet its destination. The photo show how it works.

Attachments

• type 13 torpedo launch.jpg
    type 13 torpedo launch.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 11
Guau"... My best regards, a very well deserved Medal for your patient and hard hours of work, I think that was a hard decision for the judges, hoping to see more ships from you.. Hugo BottleBottleBottle

Hallo Edmund,
also from my side Congratulations for receiving this award - well deserved Thumbsup

Hello Hugo and Uwek. Thank you for your congratulations. I think you will see more of my works soon. Maybe I will even start a biulding log, maybe...:)
:):)

Dear Edmund congratulations again, well deserved Its a very skilled model and still waiting to see your next ship..BeerBeerBeerBeerBeer

Hope to see your new project in a building log, like we talked already - would be great to follow your work

Back