Rigging clamps

Most spring clamps are too big and too heavy and can jerk fragile rigging out of the alignment you want. I found these little clamps work better for me. I scavenged them from electronic test leads. About 1 to 1 1/4 “ in length, strong clamping grip and light in weight. Keeping shrouds gathered, back stays coiled up and controlling mast rigging chaos. See photo of them doing just that.

6FF2907B-B14D-4872-9347-1DABC33F789C.jpeg

I use those myself to hold down line, weigh down lines, hold small things together. I found the smooth metal to be too slippery and kept snapping out of my fingers when I was trying to clamp. I put heat shrink over the rough teeth and handles. They don't slip anymore. I also have some without heat shrink on the teeth incase something needs gripping.

IMG_2970.JPG

I was just looking yesterday at the book Rigging Techniques by Don Dressel and it had a picture of "spring thread clamps" which I think would be excellent, but can't find them to purchase (probably because I have no idea what they're called). I've seen similar operation ones, for fly tying and such, but nothing that compact and usable. Here's a pic; the top row are the clamps I'm talking about:
1681568892688.png
Anyone know what they're called and where to get them?

I was just looking yesterday at the book Rigging Techniques by Don Dressel and it had a picture of "spring thread clamps" which I think would be excellent, but can't find them to purchase (probably because I have no idea what they're called). I've seen similar operation ones, for fly tying and such, but nothing that compact and usable. Here's a pic; the top row are the clamps I'm talking about:
View attachment 369238
Anyone know what they're called and where to get them?
Try looking up alligator clamps. Also test clamps or test leads.

Here are samples of my mini-clamp collection. The white and the red/clear one are found in a sewing accessory store. I find the blue-handed one too hard-gripping for most modeling. I only use them for "hanging" line. I'm of the opinion that you can't have too many clamps.mini_clamps.PNG

Most spring clamps are too big and too heavy and can jerk fragile rigging out of the alignment you want. I found these little clamps work better for me. I scavenged them from electronic test leads. About 1 to 1 1/4 “ in length, strong clamping grip and light in weight. Keeping shrouds gathered, back stays coiled up and controlling mast rigging chaos. See photo of them doing just that.
Hallo @MikeC
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back